Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

July 28th, 2015 20:00

Can´t turn off CAPS Lock

Can´t turn off CAPS Lock

Hi all,

I just bought the PocketCloud PRO right now (I was using the free version before), and when emulating a MS-Windows 7 I can´t turn off the CAPS lock.

Any ideas what can I do to solve that?

HTC Jetstream:
- Android versiom 3.1
- HTC Sense version 1.1 for Tablet
- Software number 1.17.502.3

PocketCloud tm Version: 1.2.265

Thanks,

F.

Hi,

I have the same issue. Can't turn off Caps Lock when connecting to a PC with RDP or VNC (HTC Desire S, Android 2.3.5, HTC Sense 3.0), PocketCloudPro 1.2.265

1 Message

Issues with caps lock

Hey, I'm also experiencing issues with the caps lock. I have an android phone (HTC Vivid) and im using the regular keyboard, no alterations. If i press the shift button nothing happens

1.3K Posts

I was finally able to reproduce the same problem on my test environment. This issue happens when the computer you are connection to has caps lock ON. If caps lock is enabled on the computer you are connecting to, there is no way to toggle caps lock on or off (including using the shift key). The issue is actually with the version of TightVNC that is installed with the PocketCloud Companion. To resolve the issue, download and install the latest version of TightVNC and make sure caps lock is disabled on the device you are connecting to.

500 Posts

Hi,

Can you please let me know where exactly do you see this issue. is it in session or Windows Login screen? Or when you create a new connection(Edit Connection)?
Could you also check keyboard settings in Android settings.
What keyboard do you use on Android Devices?

1.3K Posts

Hello lulu, we are still looking into the issue. If you could, please provide a response to the following questions:

Does this happen when you create a new connection (or Edit Connection)?

Could you also check keyboard settings in Android settings. What keyboard do you use on the Android Device? 

Is Caps lock enabled on the connecting PC's keyboard?

1.3K Posts

wizardohjero, sorry you are experiencing trouble with your device. When you say you are using the regular keyboard, which one are you using (Swipe, Android keyboard, or something else)?

1.3K Posts

July 28th, 2015 21:00

user1927854, what version of PocketCloud do you have installed and what device are you using to connect with?

Pocketcloud v1.2.165 running Android 2.3.4 on HTC Sense v3.0 on a Sensation XE

Caps Lock won't turn of

Exactly same issue using Pocketcloud on Android to connect to OS X 10.7.2 where Caps Lock won't turn off.
Caps lock disabled in System Prefs. No TightVNC updates available for mac systems.

3 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 20:00

I have the same issue.

Running PocketCloud (free) on HTC Desire S. Current release versions of all software.
PocketCloud Windows Companion running on Win 7 Home Premium. TightVNC version was 2.0.2, just now upgraded to 2.0.4 without any effect.

The on-screen keyboard on the HTC Desire S shows only capital letters. Pressing the HTC on-screen shift, or activating the HTC on-screen function keyboard shift, makes no difference. When typing, all letters get sent to Windows computer as capital letters.

Caps Lock on or off on Windows computer makes no difference.

The only way I can type in nocaps at all is by using the Windows 7 On-Screen Keyboard.

Otherwise thanks for an intuitive and great product.

1.3K Posts

Can you try updating to the latest version of the companion application and see if that helps? (updated last night 12/13/11)

Please let me know.

1.3K Posts

Interesting. Thanks for the update and I am glad you got it working!

1.3K Posts

Can you try enabling caps lock in preferences on the OSX computer you are connecting to? I am curious if that will help. From what I have seen, the issue can sometimes come up when it is enabled/disabled on the computer you are connecting to. Do you have the Companion application installed on the OSX computer? If not, try installing it to see if that corrects the issue (download it here - http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...20Downloads%29). If you do have it installed, try removing the Companion application and creating a manual connection to the computer to see if that helps.

3 Posts

Actually, I just fixed it.

By complete coincidence, my new keyboard arrived today, a MS Sidewinder x4. I installed the keyboard drivers for that and plugged it in, and now PocketCloud works perfectly.

My old keyboard was an older Microsoft Media Pro, using default Win7 drivers.

2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by user1927854 View Post

Pocketcloud v1.2.165 running Android 2.3.4 on HTC Sense v3.0 on a Sensation XE
I see. but i dont how to do.

Merry Christmas
No Events found!