Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

July 28th, 2015 20:00

Can´t turn off CAPS Lock

Can´t turn off CAPS Lock

Hi all,

I just bought the PocketCloud PRO right now (I was using the free version before), and when emulating a MS-Windows 7 I can´t turn off the CAPS lock.

Any ideas what can I do to solve that?

HTC Jetstream:
- Android versiom 3.1
- HTC Sense version 1.1 for Tablet
- Software number 1.17.502.3

PocketCloud tm Version: 1.2.265

Thanks,

F.

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 03:00

We are currently working on this, the problem is there are so many devices available with different standard keyboards from the manufacturers. We are doing our best to support the most popular devices. Hopefully in a future release we will be able to have a official solution for your device. My apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing you. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

So the shift key does not work to toggle uppercase and lowercase while you are using the phone keyboard 

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Interesting. Thank you for the new details. Glad to hear things are working for you now. 

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Thanks for the information. Our next release has a lot of changes/improvements for the keyboard, so hopefully this issue will no longer be present after the next update.

As for the window dragging, I responded to your thread. Do a long press on the top bar of the window and drag from there. 

Josh Maurer

1 Message

I have an HTC Amaze 4G (aka: Ruby) running Android 4.0.3. I, too, had the all caps all the time problem. Per davel23's suggestion I changed the keyboard input type from HTC's "Trace" and it worked - once. All subsequent attempts with changing between the stock keyboards failed, and the all caps made their return.

Upon further investigation I discovered that when using any of the built-in keyboards (it didn't matter if it was the trace or normal keyboard) that the orientation made a difference. If I held the phone in landscape and invoked the keyboard, it was all caps. Turning to portrait and invoking worked just fine. This behaviour does not seem to affect Hacker's Keyboard, the only other keyboard which I have tried (unrelated to PocketCloud, just because the pipe symbol does not work on the stock keyboards).
Hope this helps others, and perhaps is a vital clue to the developers so they can generate a fix.

9 Posts

I've resolved the issue (I hesitate to say I fixed it, since I didn't "fix" anything). In the keyboard options there is a setting for "Trace keyboard" which is apparently a Swype-type input method. I disabled it and now the keyboard in Pocketcloud works properly. I'm still rather new to Android, I blame my ignorance on that.

10 Posts

I realize that I am replying to an relatively old thread, however I have also experienced this problem. What has worked for me is if I have another third party remote connection program available (I won't mention name here), then I log into the remote computer with that app just for the purposes of shutting off the CAPS lock setting. Most of the time that seems to work. I then log out of that program and back in with PocketCloud. Once connected with PocketCloud, the interface is much better. Just wish I could drag open windows, etc.

9 Posts

I have three options for keyboard, standard, phone and compact. If I change it to phone it no longer is stuck in caps, but now I can only enter lower-case characters.

1.3K Posts

Try downloading and installing the following keyboard to see if that helps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...W4ucG9ydGVkIl0.

It will show under Language & Input in your device's settings as Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard. You can enable the keyboard there. 

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davel23 View Post

I can confirm the same behavior on my device. Landscape all caps, portrait lower-case works. 

Thanks for the input guys. I have forwarded the information to our development team. 

Josh Maurer

9 Posts

Case works properly in both landscape and portrait modes using that keyboard. Will there be a fix forthcoming from Wyse for the HTC Sense keyboard or is this the "official" solution?

1.3K Posts

Thanks for the additional information, I hope we can use it to get this issue fixed for you guys. 

Josh Maurer

9 Posts

Correct. The characters appear capitalized on the keypad but the actual input is lower-case, even if I hold the key and specifically select the upper-case character.

Edit: The phone keyboard now appears to be working correctly with respect to case. The standard keyboard still enters everything as upper-case.

9 Posts

I've just gotten a new device, the Sprint EVO 4G LTE, running Android 4.0 and Sense 4.0.3. Experiencing the same issue. Swype is disabled, Trace is disabled. Only keyboard option seems to be HTC Sense Input, I don't see anywhere I can change it to a different keyboard.

No Events found!