Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

RE: Can´t turn off CAPS Lock

Can you try enabling caps lock in preferences on the OSX computer you are connecting to? I am curious if that will help. From what I have seen, the issue can sometimes come up when it is enabled/disabled on the computer you are connecting to. Do you have the Companion application installed on the OSX computer? If not, try installing it to see if that corrects the issue (download it here - http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...20Downloads%29). If you do have it installed, try removing the Companion application and creating a manual connection to the computer to see if that helps.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Elerion
1 Copper

I have the same issue.

Running PocketCloud (free) on HTC Desire S. Current release versions of all software.
PocketCloud Windows Companion running on Win 7 Home Premium. TightVNC version was 2.0.2, just now upgraded to 2.0.4 without any effect.

The on-screen keyboard on the HTC Desire S shows only capital letters. Pressing the HTC on-screen shift, or activating the HTC on-screen function keyboard shift, makes no difference. When typing, all letters get sent to Windows computer as capital letters.

Caps Lock on or off on Windows computer makes no difference.

The only way I can type in nocaps at all is by using the Windows 7 On-Screen Keyboard.

Otherwise thanks for an intuitive and great product.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

Can you try updating to the latest version of the companion application and see if that helps? (updated last night 12/13/11)

Please let me know.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Elerion
1 Copper

Actually, I just fixed it.

By complete coincidence, my new keyboard arrived today, a MS Sidewinder x4. I installed the keyboard drivers for that and plugged it in, and now PocketCloud works perfectly.

My old keyboard was an older Microsoft Media Pro, using default Win7 drivers.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

Interesting. Thanks for the update and I am glad you got it working!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Andrewsy
1 Copper

Quote Originally Posted by user1927854 View Post

Pocketcloud v1.2.165 running Android 2.3.4 on HTC Sense v3.0 on a Sensation XE
I see. but i dont how to do.

Merry Christmas
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Nathanio
1 Copper

Hi, 

I'm using pocketcloud 1.2.280 on a HTC Desire S running 2.3.4 and a Xoom running 4.0.3 (was 3.2.4) but on the Desire S I am experiencing this issue.

I am logging into customers PCs via windows RDP and suffer from this issue at the login screen and within windows. 2 very different hardware spec PCs as well. Again it only affects the 2.3.4 device and not the HC/ICS based tablet. 

it is a real pain from a support pov.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

Nathanio, please try installing the latest version of the Companion software here:
http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...20Downloads%29

Also be sure that caps lock is not enabled on the connecting computer and also make sure it is not enabled on the device you are using to connect. 

Let me know if this does not help. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
christophocles
1 Copper

I am having the same issue. CAPS Lock will not turn off when I try to use the on screen keyboard. I do not currently have physical access to the machine so I cannot verify whether or not caps lock is turned on at the physical keyboard of the machine. Is there any way to do this without interacting with the machine in meatspace?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

Unfortunately there is no real good way to remotely disable caps lock. What happens if you use shift and then type on your device? Do characters show in lowercase? Also if you turned on caps lock on your device, do characters show in lowercase? 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

Tags (2)
0 Kudos