Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

August 1st, 2015 23:00

Cannot Connect to Server

Cannot Connect to Server

First, the Pocket Cloud works amazing on the local Intranet but I cannot connect via the Internet ... Note that this is true for other remote desktop apps also so it is not pocket cloud that is the problem. I setup the router to allow port 3389 and also the firewall but no matter what I try I still cannot connect via the Internet
Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome

thanks
ed

500 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 00:00

Hi,

Looks like you did setup port forwarding.
Please make you are using external IP address to connect not internal. 

regards

August 2nd, 2015 00:00

unable to connect

Hi lana
I can connect just fine via the Intranet using the local IP but whenever I attempt to connect from the outside I get the Connection Refused error ... Again, this is on several RD apps so it is not just Pocket Cloud ... I want to get it working so I can get the Pro version
The checked the Windows Firewall and it is set to allow TCP port 3389 as is the router and it is directed to my computers 192 IP address.
I've been over the setups suggested via the net but nothing seems to help so I am missing something somewhere ....

thanks
ed

1.3K Posts

August 6th, 2015 00:00

Ed, it sounds as though you need to set up port forwarding and use a non-private IP address. Please take a look at our setup guide on our knowledge-base here:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...on-your-router 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!