Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2015 02:00

Cannot connect to ANY Windows Companion agents

Cannot connect to ANY Windows Companion agents

First of all I am a Network admin with over 18 years in the Windows world. I really would think that I could figure this out. From what I understand the Windows Companion agent software acts as a proxy to allow a remote connection regardless of the firewall settings on the network. I have setup the agent and successfully connect with my gmail account, the computers all show up on my Discovered Connections in PocketCloud but I get the "Could not connect to server" all the time. I am using a Motorola Xoom and trying to connect to a XP SP3 machine, Windows 7, and Windows 7 SP1. I have tried with the Windows firewall on and off. NLA is off on all machines, the agent sees RDP running, all machines are Pro versions of Windows. I have spent hours trying settings, looking through these forums with no luck.

I am not sure if my Xoom is the issue, I can RDP into things but I don't want to have to setup firewall rules all over the place to remotely admin multiple clients. Also the current version does not support VMware view 4.6 so basically this app has been useless to me. Really can this just please work!

No Responses!
No Events found!