Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 29th, 2015 07:00

Cannot connect to Windows 7 Desktop Home Edition, Need Help

Cannot connect to Windows 7 Desktop Home Edition, Need Help

Here is my story, I just bought a galaxy tablet running the android OS. I have downloaded the pocketcloud app, and being that I couldnt wait to try remote desktop out I downloaded the companion on my windows 7 laptop computer and instantly it worked perfect. Now the real reason I got the app is to connect to my desktop so that I could leave it on all the time. My desktop does have windows 7 home edition, the same as my laptop, they both have identical antivirus software and both were running on the same wifi home network. When I installed the program on on laptop I did not have to change any settings to get it to work. My desktop has yet to work though. I have gone and added the port 5900 and 3389 in the inbound and outbound rules of my desktop, I have added the program to the list of allowed programs to both windows firewall and antivirus and still cannot connect. I do have a debug log, and from what I could read it states the error either is cannot communicate with the port or the connection times out. The reason for the difference is have been trying figure it out on my own and have downloaded a 3rd party vnc tighhtvnc trying it out as well. When I try to connect on my tablet if I use the autodiscovery then it just sits there saying connecting but it never does, if I try to manual connection then it tells me it cannot communicate with the server. One more last curveball is I can log in on the pocketcloud website and access the files on the desktop just fine. The connection type also is VNC.

2 Posts

July 29th, 2015 07:00

I still currently cannont get connected to my windows 7 desktop. Anyone out there that can help? I do have debug log.

1.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 05:00

What are the exact error messages you are getting? I also sent you a PM with my email address to send me the debug log. If you can send that my way I can take a look at it and see if anything stands out.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!