Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 22:00

Color on Android

Color on Android

Hi all,

I'd spoken to someone about this a while back and am back on this project again so I'm trying to get a resolution. We are interested in using pocketcloud on iPhone and Android, however, here is a screenshot of an Android device connecting to one of our servers;

We have tried this on 4 different android devices (2 tablets and 2 smartphones) and all show the same color problem. We have tried connecting to Server 2008 and Win7 on android and it looks horrible, however, pocketcloud on iPad connecting to these same servers looks great.

We have several hundred users that will potentially be using this product so we either have to figure it out or move on to another product. My desire to resolve the issue is that so far, pocketcloud has the best 'finger to screen' interface IMHO.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ken

1.3K Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonesla9 View Post

It shows: less 1280 by 1024, color is medium 15 bit.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce it in house. Would it be possible for me to be able to connect to your environment? Also, could you provide me some more details about the system you are connecting to? What version of Windows (Vista, XP, 7, etc)? What service pack? What settings are on the computer before you connect (display wise)? 

Please let me know so we can try to reproduce the issue.

1.3K Posts

jonesla9, while you are connected via PocketCloud, can you let me know what the display properties are? I am specifically looking for the resolution and bit level the color quality is set to.

2 Posts

It shows: less 1280 by 1024, color is medium 15 bit.

12 Posts

Hi Lana,

Sure.

Tablets
Asus eePad
Generic (asian) 7" (running rockchip)

SmartPhone
Motorola Droid X
Motorola Global Pro

Asus = 1.2.237 Pro

the rest = 1.2.164 free

Thanks,
Ken

500 Posts

Ken,

What is the original background on these PC's?
Can you please change it to black and try again.

Please check the private messages box. I sent you a private email

500 Posts

Ken,

Could you please give me the list of Android devices you see this problem with.
Also what PocketCloud version do you use? Is it latest 1.2.164 (Free)?

Thanks

2 Posts

What is the solution to this problem as I am having the same problem? On my iPad it looks great but on 2 different android phones I get this same looking color. It looks terrible. Using the free 1.2.173

No Events found!