Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 22:00

Connect w.IOS but not Android

Connect w.IOS but not Android

I can make an RDP connection on Ipad and Iphone using Junos vpn but cant make similar connection with Motorola Xoom or Samsung Captivate. Please help.

925 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 22:00

Hi alovely, Have you entered the vpn information in android settings-vpn settings.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

4 Posts

August 5th, 2015 22:00

I have configured the Wyse Pocket Cloud the same as on my iPhone. In addition I am using the Junos Pulse VPN client for both connections. The only way the Wyse Pocket Cloud connects is if I am on a WIFI connection inside my company firewall. This tells me the configuration is OK for for some reason it is having trouble with the firewall and I have emailed our network department a number of times today with no resolve. The iOS devices work outside the firewall and NOT the Android devices. I sure hope I can get this to work as it will open doors and get my organization purchasing more Android tablets than IOS tablets.

4 Posts

August 5th, 2015 22:00

I guess I don't understand why I would enter VPN settings inside the android settings when I am using the Junos VPN client. On the IOS device I am only using the JUNOS client and not the native VPN settings.

1 Message

August 11th, 2015 22:00

So am I. Please assist.

925 Posts

alovely, Yes you dont need to enter native vpn settings if you are using a third party vpn client. As of now I dont know if we support juno client on android. will let you know.
Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Any update on this thread? I have the same situation.

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 23:00

Please make sure to establish connection with your VPN first, then connect using PocketCloud.

What version of PocketCloud are you using on both devices?

Are you using a auto-discovered connection or a manual connection? If you are using auto discovery, what version of the companion software are you using?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!