Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P2

August 4th, 2015 23:00

Emulating VNC via RDP Shadow Sessions

Exclamation Emulating VNC via RDP Shadow Sessions

I would like to be able to use RDP just like I do VNC, but that doesn't seem possible yet with WYSE. It seems close, with Console Mode. However, when my session appears, it's not what's currently visible on the remote machine. It's a whole new session.

After asking around, I discovered that "shadow session" support is what I need for this to work as desired. Yet, it seems WYSE is missing the necessary flags for supporting shadow sessions.

More info about supporting shadow sessions can be found here. I tried to run the command in a cmd.exe window, but apparently that isn't what they're talking about. I guess the command has to be sent from the client, a.k.a. WYSE? Any chance you can add an option to support the necessary flags for shadow sessions? Otherwise, if it's already there, let me know how I can enable it. Thanks!

A week and a half later, and still no response about this? What's up?

200 Posts

Sorry for the slow response! Unfortunately Microsoft supports RDP console session connectivity only into Server versions of Windows (e.g. 2003/2008). 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Thanks for the response. Wow, that's really disheartening. I wonder why they'd not allow it on non-server versions. You'd think that would be the primary usage of RDP.

Purefusion- check out my post at the link and see if this does what you need.
http://community.wyse.com/forum/show...remote-desktop

No Events found!