Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

August 2nd, 2015 03:00

Feature request for the Touch Pointer

Feature request for the Touch Pointer 

Hello,

PocketCloud uses the unique virtual mouse pointer (Touch Pointer) system where you have to actually touch the mouse pointer to move/click with it, otherwise you just scroll the screen around. This is good when your screen size is small. I did like it when I used the PocketCloud on iPhone. But after changing my phone to Galaxy Note (5.3 inch screen with 1280x800 resolution). I don't really feel the need to scroll the screen around. But if I want to click the bottom of screen (like Windows Start Menu), I have to scroll the screen around just to be able to send the touch pointer to the edge of host screen. 

So with bigger screen, the other virtual pointer system that other products (RealVNC VNCViewer and Xtralogic Remote Desktop Client) use works a lot better. In those products when you tap and drag on the screen, instead of the screen itself, the mouse pointer moves around regardless of the position that you initiated the click. And tapping on the screen will send the mouse click to the mouse pointer location not on the point you touched. 

Would it be possible to add this style of mouse control to the PocketCloud? This will really make it easier to use the PocketCloud on the big screen phone.

Thanks,

1.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2015 03:00

Thanks for the feedback and I would put in a feature request here:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/f...ts/entries/new

Our product team will review it and hopefully it will make it into a future release. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!