Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

RE: File Browser for Android App

vancamp, keep an eye out for our new file browser application for Android (Hopefully) coming out before the end of the year!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
vancamp
1 Copper

Very happy to see that the file browser (Explore) was released. Less happy to see that it was a separately priced application after discovering it was missing from Pocketcloud Pro in the first place.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
billpk4
1 Copper

still no file browser support for vista home basic

It's still not there where it will only work with a VNC connection. It still also requires RDP along with VNC. Vista home and basic doesn't have RDP. Frustrating because wyse support has for a long time said they would be supporting file browser support for androids using non-RDP connections to their hosts.

Why didn't they just come out and say "no RDP, no file browser" and be done with it.

What I do now is use carbonite to back up everything on my pc and use carbonite access to get to those folder/files from my android smartphone.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
igorstef
1 Copper

I can't even buy it. When do you plan to allow buying world wide (hope not when price jumps to 5$)?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

Quote Originally Posted by billpk4 View Post

It's still not there where it will only work with a VNC connection. It still also requires RDP along with VNC. Vista home and basic doesn't have RDP. Frustrating because wyse support has for a long time said they would be supporting file browser support for androids using non-RDP connections to their hosts.

Why didn't they just come out and say "no RDP, no file browser" and be done with it.

What I do now is use carbonite to back up everything on my pc and use carbonite access to get to those folder/files from my android smartphone.
It should be working with Vista Home Basic (VNC). What version of PocketCloud Companion are you using? You can also manage what files you can access via PocketCloud / Explore in the companion application in Preferences on the Folder Settings tab.
Quote Originally Posted by igorstef View Post
I can't even buy it. When do you plan to allow buying world wide (hope not when price jumps to 5$)?
What country are you located in?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
igorstef
1 Copper

I am from Serbia. Didn't have problem to buy pocketcloud. My country just reacintly join list of countries that can buy from android market, so that too can be a cause for the problem.

Any way I manage to buy it using my card from another country with Google account.

It works good with Galaxy Note. Only small issue I found out is with UI. Tabs are not displayed correctly. For example tab with server name is split in two parts (mabey because of the note's high resolution and screen size.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lana-2015
3 Zinc

Igorstef,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
Could you please attach the screenshot of this UI issue?

Best Regards

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
igorstef
1 Copper

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post

Igorstef,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
Could you please attach the screenshot of this UI issue?

Best Regards
Sure

Here it is:
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
billpk4
1 Copper

add file xfr from explore into non-rdp pocket cloud

Thanks for explore. Now that you've productized non OS specific file xfr, please integrate that into pocketcloud so I can do file/folder xfrs between my HTC EVO 4g and pc running windows Vista home basic. Remember, pocketcloud doesn't support Vista home basic file xfr because Vista home basic doesn't have RDP.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

Thanks for posting the screen shot.

Quote Originally Posted by billpk4 View Post

Thanks for explore. Now that you've productized non OS specific file xfr, please integrate that into pocketcloud so I can do file/folder xfrs between my HTC EVO 4g and pc running windows Vista home basic. Remember, pocketcloud doesn't support Vista home basic file xfr because Vista home basic doesn't have RDP.
Please submit a feature request and our product team will review it. You can make the request here:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/f...ts/entries/new

Hopefully it will make it into a future release!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos