Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 22:00

File Browser for Android App

File Browser for Android App

I really want the File Browser feature capability developed for the Android app. Wyse has it available in the iOS app. Does anyone else using the Android app need/want it as well?

Lots of times I don't need to be accessing my PC's desktop but rather wanting to get right to my PC's file system to move files/folders back and forth. I might want to upload files from my Evo 4G up to my PC or download PC files to my 4G. one might say, well just use ftp, but, i would like not having to setup all that ftp stuff, and....

it must be a feature popular enough because wyse did put it in the Apple iOS app. so why not in the Android app? any thoughts/ desires?

925 Posts

The option is in android app settings. Turn it on please and, your device will show up on your desktop drives.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

500 Posts

File Browser for Android is coming soon.
Right now Android PocketCloud has a feature called Flash Memory Redirection. 
Steps:
In PocketCloud Computers List press and hold your PC label > Edit > Turn Flash memory Redirection switch ON > Save
Connect to this desktop > go to Start > My Computer > You should see PocketCloud Drive
When you click on it you will see all files you have on your Android device. Now you can just dragg and drop files from your desktop to your android device and back. NO DropBox needed :-)

This is supported on RDP connections only

7 Posts

I can't seem to find the switch for pocket memory redirection on my Evo 4g. It only provided some use connectivity options. I am running pocketcloud pro.

On my pc when I did pocketcloud autodiscovery and ran the edp and vnc connectivity it indicated rdp to port 3389 failed and vnc to port 5900 is successful. Fyi I'm running Vista home basic. Explain how I do file browser on my android to my pc running Vista home basic. I really need the file transfer capability you said it could do.

7 Posts

thanks for the quick reply. i don't seem to understand the flash memory redirection approach. could you walk me through it. it doesn't sound like the file browser feature implementation in the iOS app whiich looks and acts like its nav and usability simply extends the ipone/ipad's file system along side with a MAC, etc...

925 Posts

Hi Bill, 
We have exactly what you are looking for.
we do have a flash memory redirection feature in android. 
It will serve your requirement. 
you will be able to transfer files back and forth between device and remote desktop.
You will need pocketcloud pro for this. Please also turn on switch 'flash memory redirection' by editing your computer settings.

Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

7 Posts

August 6th, 2015 00:00

Thanks for suggestion but.. I have Vista home basic which only has inc not rdp. How do I get pocket cloud's file browser to work with Vista home basic

500 Posts

August 11th, 2015 23:00

Igorstef,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
Could you please attach the screenshot of this UI issue?

Best Regards

2 Posts

Is there any update when Android File Browser might be added? Navigating the remote computer's desktop to copy files within Windows to the Android flash through flash memory redirection is way more effort than just directly transferring files from a browser on Android. The file access was the main reason I bought the Pro version. Appears a convenient capability isn't quite there yet.

1.3K Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billpk4 View Post

It's still not there where it will only work with a VNC connection. It still also requires RDP along with VNC. Vista home and basic doesn't have RDP. Frustrating because wyse support has for a long time said they would be supporting file browser support for androids using non-RDP connections to their hosts.

Why didn't they just come out and say "no RDP, no file browser" and be done with it.

What I do now is use carbonite to back up everything on my pc and use carbonite access to get to those folder/files from my android smartphone.
It should be working with Vista Home Basic (VNC). What version of PocketCloud Companion are you using? You can also manage what files you can access via PocketCloud / Explore in the companion application in Preferences on the Folder Settings tab.
Quote Originally Posted by igorstef View Post
I can't even buy it. When do you plan to allow buying world wide (hope not when price jumps to 5$)?
What country are you located in?

4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post

Igorstef,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
Could you please attach the screenshot of this UI issue?

Best Regards
Sure

Here it is:

7 Posts

That is great news!

7 Posts

add file xfr from explore into non-rdp pocket cloud

Thanks for explore. Now that you've productized non OS specific file xfr, please integrate that into pocketcloud so I can do file/folder xfrs between my HTC EVO 4g and pc running windows Vista home basic. Remember, pocketcloud doesn't support Vista home basic file xfr because Vista home basic doesn't have RDP.

4 Posts

I am from Serbia. Didn't have problem to buy pocketcloud. My country just reacintly join list of countries that can buy from android market, so that too can be a cause for the problem.

Any way I manage to buy it using my card from another country with Google account.

It works good with Galaxy Note. Only small issue I found out is with UI. Tabs are not displayed correctly. For example tab with server name is split in two parts (mabey because of the note's high resolution and screen size.

500 Posts

File browser is supported on iOS only. 
For Android File Browser support is coming soon. Just wait for our next couple of releases.

4 Posts

Just to report that tabs not displaying correctly issue is resolved with this new release.

Thanks.

No Events found!