Free Version 1.2.165
Version 1.2.165 is a little faster than the previous one, but still takes 30 seconds to a few minutes for every action.
How much faster is the Pro version for Droid?
What do I have to do not to blacken the desktop on the companion computer? I highlighted the Wallpaper option in Settings, but it's still black.
red dot, the main delay between actions is really determined by the network speed. The Pro version will not be any faster than the free version because of this. Are you connected via wifi or the mobile device's data connection (3G/4G)? If you are on a slower network or connected via mobile data connection, that will increase the delay on the actions you do.
As for the desktop image not showing, it depends on what type of connection you are using. RDP connection will show the desktop background if the option is checked in the PocketCloud settings. But if you are connecting via VNC, unfortunately the desktop background is not supported (even if the option is checked). Please let me know if you have any further questions.
To see your desktop image when using a RDP connection, just set up a new RDP connection (or edit an exisiting connection) and under the application settings, make sure the Wallpaper option is ON. With this setting turned on, you will be able to see the desktop image from your connected computer.
If you connect via RDP, only 1 connection to the computer is allowed. So if you were signed in on your Android device, it will be logged out on the computer itself.
It actually looks like you may be able to see your desktop background on a VNC connection by following these directions:
Let me know if this helps.
It could work, but now I have another problem - I can't get into the remote machine. "Remote machine Unavailable. The remote machine you are trying to connect to is offline and unavailable". This window pops up on the Droid; the main computer, however is very much on - I am in front of it! Please advise.
Give these troubleshooting solutions a shot when you receive that error message:
If this does not resolve the issue, please let me know.
It worked. I had to log-off and log back on on both the Droid and remote computer and then I was in.
By unchecking the option that says "Hide desktop wallpaper in" in "Configuration", V icon on the task bar of the remote computer I am now able to see my desktop wallpaper.
Since no good deed goes unpunished, I now have three more questions for you:
1) Is this software designed to enable video watching? I have the fastest Wi-Fi connection around and only get a frame/second, maybe.
2) Is there any way to enable sound? I don't get any sound on the Droid.
3) Can I get a second remote computer to work with the free Cloud version?
Glad to hear that worked.
1. The software is designed to be able to watch videos. Unfortunately the speed you are seeing is the best we can do right now. But we are always working on making performance changes/enhancements to make for a better user experience. Be sure to check the feature again after future updates.
2. Sound is available on the Free version of the PocketCloud application, but only on a RDP connection. Unfortunately VNC connections do not support this feature.
3. The Free version of PocketCloud is only limited to 1 connection. To be able to have multiple connections, you will need to upgrade to the Pro version. The Pro version also has many more features, to compare the features check out the link below (click the compare features tab under the product highlights):