Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2015 03:00

Hardware keyboard doesn't always work

Hardware keyboard doesn't always work

I am having an issue with Pocketcloud PRO for Android where the hardware keyboard on my Samsung Epic does not always work. This is a strange issue.. I can type into Notepad on the host machine with the physical keyboard, but I cannot type into certain dialog boxes (in this case, the "add buddy" dialog in Pidgin). The Epic's virtual keyboard can type into this dialog box, but the CAPS lock is stuck on. There is no way for me to enter passwords because the hardware keyboard won't type and the virtual keyboard will only type in all CAPS. I just installed the Pocketcloud Companion on the host machine to see if that would help, but so far it has not solved anything.

EDIT: Actually, switching from SlideIT virtual keyboard to "Hacker's Keyboard" allowed me to type in lowercase. But I still can't use the hardware keyboard on some dialog boxes....

Android Device:
Samsung Epic 4G
Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich (CyanogenMod 9 alpha 2)

Host Machine
Windows 7 x64 SP1

1.3K Posts

August 6th, 2015 02:00

I verified the the physical keyboard did not work within that specific application, but it seemed to work everywhere else for me. I also tested a few other chat applications and they all worked for me. Is there anywhere else win Windows you are seeing the physical keyboard not working? 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!