Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

July 28th, 2015 06:00

Host adress?

Host adress?

I installed wyse pocketcloud windows companion and pocketcloud on my android phone. I also installed WinVNC.

So im trying to hook my phone up to my computer. And i need to fill in Nickname, Host adress, password and port (which is set at 5900)

But what is my Host adress?

Tried typing my Ip, but when i was trying to connect i wasnt able to.

plz help. im new to this

623 Posts

The Host address is the IP address of your computer. The probable reason you are not connecting to your computer is that you have not loged in to GMAIL. Once you login your PC should be automatically discovered.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1 Message

Same problem

Hi I'm having the same problem.

I have pocketcloud free on my android tablet.

I installed the windows companion on my work computer and in my home computer but only my work computer is automatically discovered.

Both windows machine have the pocketcloud companion logged into the same gmail account.

My work computer is on a dedicated server with static IP, but my home is not.

Does that have anything to do with it? If so how can I get my home computer to be discovered? I don't know what the host address is but it never asked me for my work computer it just showed up.

1.3K Posts

July 28th, 2015 07:00

It is possible that your companion is being blocked on your home computer by your firewall or anti-virus application. If you are signed in on the companion, it should show within PocketCloud. If you are in fact successfully signed into the companion on your home computer, make sure to add PocketCloud to your allowed applications lists within your firewall and anti-virus. Also make sure your home computer is on and not in hibernate/sleep mode. Please let me know if this does not help.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!