Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

August 4th, 2015 20:00

I too am getting the "Session Disconnected" msg...

I too am getting the "Session Disconnected" msg...

...and, after reading the other thread, I have another question. I'm using Real VNC. Does this just not work with Real VNC? I can connect from my other computer (both lan and wan) but I can't get my phone to connect using pocketcloud (android 2.1 on a Samsung Vibrant.) I set up the pocketcloud companion, set it up on both ends and it works fine. The PC shows up on the phone as it should. I click connect and put in the password and, after trying to connect for a while, it says session disconnected.

There's an error that pops up in the pocket cloud diagnostics app. Of the 3 check boxes (top being RDP/VNC Connection, middle being firewall configuration and bottom being login configuration), the top and bottom are good but the middle one is a red x. I don't know what could be the problem with the firewall. I've set up rules in the firewall to allow all of the pocketcloud stuff.

5 Posts

Thanks so much for the reply.

I tried as described (they were unchecked) and now the wyse windows companion diagnostic gives me 3 thumbs up yet I still got the same error message regarding the "session disconnected" error.

I uninstalled RealVNC and installed TightVNC...same error...

???????????????????

500 Posts

"Session disconnected" error when using VNC with Auto Discovery

Please check "Loopback Connections"

1) Right click on the tray icon and select "Configuration".
2) Click on the "Access Control" tab.
3) Under "Loopback Connections" ensure that "Allow loopback connections" is checked.

Regards

500 Posts

Hi,

Please check firewall settings
1) Go to Start > Control Panel.
2) Click on "Windows Firewall".
3) Click on "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall".
4) Ensure that all 3 boxes next to "Remote Desktop" are checked.

Regards

5 Posts

No one has any ideas? I like real vnc...it works well with other computers and all but, I think it's why the android won't connect.

500 Posts

Yes, this is for TightVNC. 
Please ensure that "Allow loopback connections" is checked.

5 Posts

Thank you yet again for the reply.

After getting the same error with TightVNC, I reinstalled RealVNC. I do not see any configuration options in the RealVNC menus regarding loopback. Is this a TightVNC-specific configuration option? I can put that back on if it will help.

I'm determined to get this to work...lol

5 Posts

August 13th, 2015 10:00

Well...it decided to work! This is amazing! I'm posting this from my computer using my phone! So awesome. Thanks for the help!!

500 Posts

August 13th, 2015 10:00

Great news!

Best regards.

No Events found!