Lana-2015
3 Zinc

RE: IT IS FIXED -> "Menu button stopped working"

Hi all,

This issue has only been reported on the Nook and unfortunately we never tested on the Nook since it doesn't support the Android Market by default. Based on your feedback we now understand that there are several Nook users enabling the Android Market on their Nooks and we have now ordered a Nook device so we can test this going forward. We'll do our best to try to address this problem and will update this thread as soon as we have some news.

Best Regards       

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
mattclark
1 Copper

Hi Lana,

Thanks for the response here. I do appreciate your willingness to work with us on this.

I find it hard to believe that this is really limited to only the Nook but, as I don't have another Android device to test myself, I can't really dispute your findings. I'd ask that someone please install the Soft Keys for Root app (https://market.android.com/details?i...droid.SoftKeys) on another Android device and see if they can get the menu button presented by that app to work. This might be a faster and more efficient way to test the issue than to buy a Nook.

Thank you,
Matt

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
dshibata
1 Copper

Hello Lana,

Thanks so much for trying to address this problem for those of us using PocketCloud on Color Nooks (or probably other tablets with soft menu keys). Just to let you and your team know that probably the most popular android install on the color nook is CyanogenMod 7 (CM7). I think I saw an article a while back that at least 6,000 people had downloaded the CM7 file customized for the color nook (so there is a fairly large market). There's many variants in the install but I think one of the most popular (and the one I used) is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1000957
So ideally if you tested that or a similar common configuration, it would allow you to install pocketcloud on the color nook via android market and hopefully debug it so it would work again for us.
Thanks,
Dean

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Lana-2015
3 Zinc

Thank you all for the info!
It was transferred to our product team for review.

Regards       

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
kriitik
1 Copper

As I have written before, this issue is also with Archos internet tablet using also softbuttons.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Lana-2015
3 Zinc

Kriitik,

Is it new issue with Archos tablet, or it was never worked before?       

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
elehman3
1 Copper

I am having the same issue on my Rooted Nook Color running Android 2.3.5 Kernel 2.6.32.9 Build MIUI-Phiremod v2 and Hackers keyboard version 1.25.1114. I also have my HTC Desire HD running Android 2.3.3 Kernel 2.6.35.10-gd2564lb with the same Hacker's keyboard and the newest version of PC free. It works fine on my phone. On my nook I can enter the login information but as soon as it gets to my desktop I can not bring up anything in the menu for the keyboard, touch pointer, etc. I am accessing my Windows Home Server v1.0 and it is running the current 2.2.15 windows companion.

Emory Lehman

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mputtr-2015
1 Copper

I have to join to to bump this as well. I'm actually running the HP Touchpad with CM7 and the softkey does not work at all. Currently I am compensating with Teamviewer, but I would prefer to be able to use pocketcloud again.
The home and back button works fine but the menu does nothing like everyone else is saying.
I also don't think you would need to order a nook to get it running. the main component is the softkey app. The developers have mentioned that the softkeys use the same call as a hardware key.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jdargie
1 Copper

i have a motorola bionic and have the same issue.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Lana-2015
3 Zinc

Jdargie,

What PocketCloud version are you using? Is it latest 1.2.237?
Motorola Bionic menu options, touch pointer and keyboard work just fine.
Please check Android keyboard settings on your device

Thank you       

Tags (1)
0 Kudos