Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

July 31st, 2015 00:00

IT IS FIXED -> "Menu button stopped working"

Question IT IS FIXED -> "Menu button stopped working"

After the most recent update, after connecting via RDP to a desktop, the menu button on my android device stops working. The menu button works fine while not connected to a desktop. Not being able to use the button means that I cannot bring up the touch pointer (or access any menu options).

This worked fine before the update.

I'm using a Nook Color with CM7, so the buttons are all "soft" buttons. I've tried different soft key apps, but none work while connected to a desktop.

I've tested this on my android phone with hardware buttons and everything seems to work as expected.

I've rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted again... still cannot access menu. I can see the menu button.. but pressing on it does nothing.

Has anyone else run into this?

August 11th, 2015 04:00

Quote Originally Posted by kramttocs View Post
no problem! i am just really glad scott found that build that worked. hoping this gets resolved because swapping hosts with the one connection limitation gets tiresome

I'm glad I could help

Let's hope they fix the problem soon.

PocketCloud Developers: Send me a message if you would like me to help you troubleshoot.       

Quote Originally Posted by kramttocs View Post
not sure where Scott got his but i just googled it to find the apk.....
http://www.brothersoft.com/mobile/wy...vnc-87912.html

My phone is rooted and I run nightly backups with TitaniumBackup. After uninstalling, I restored previous versions until I found one that worked.
I was lucky to have several versions backed up for the paid and free PocketCloud apps.       

1 Message

i have a motorola bionic and have the same issue.

I have to join to to bump this as well. I'm actually running the HP Touchpad with CM7 and the softkey does not work at all. Currently I am compensating with Teamviewer, but I would prefer to be able to use pocketcloud again.
The home and back button works fine but the menu does nothing like everyone else is saying.
I also don't think you would need to order a nook to get it running. the main component is the softkey app. The developers have mentioned that the softkeys use the same call as a hardware key.

500 Posts

Jdargie,

What PocketCloud version are you using? Is it latest 1.2.237?
Motorola Bionic menu options, touch pointer and keyboard work just fine.
Please check Android keyboard settings on your device

Thank you       

7 Posts

In the exact same boat as scott1967 (HP Touchpad running CM7 Alpha 2.1).
Without the ability to bring up the Touch Pointer it's really not usable. I actually bought the Pro version after having such good success with the free on my phone but had to refund it after finding that the softkey menu wouldn't work. Would gladly buy it again if this gets fixed.

Edit: Based on Scott's (much appreciated) testing, I installed the .108 build and it's working great. Just missing the Pro features now...

7 Posts

no problem! i am just really glad scott found that build that worked. hoping this gets resolved because swapping hosts with the one connection limitation gets tiresome

Has anyone tested out the latest version to see if the menu softbutton works?

EDIT: nope. still doesn't work.
back to version .108 for me.       

7 Posts

not sure where Scott got his but i just googled it to find the apk.....
http://www.brothersoft.com/mobile/wy...vnc-87912.html

3 Posts

As I have written before, this issue is also with Archos internet tablet using also softbuttons.

Pocket Cloud Pro
1.2.237 - Confirmed Broken
1.2.217 - Confirmed Broken

Pocket Cloud
1.2.117 - Confirmed Broken
1.2.108 - Confirmed Working!
1.2.108 - Didn't try
1.2.103 - Didn't try

Installed SoftKeys for ROOT USERS
-Menu key works in SoftKeys in every other place other than during a VNC session (haven't tried RDP)

HP Touchpad
CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RC1-tenderlion-KANG
Build GRJ22

Recommended temporary fix (To the PocketCloud Dev Team):
When you scroll and see the scaling button and the [+/-] zoom, add a toggle for the Touch Pointer.
This will give us all access to the keyboard, right-click, etc. in the current version of PocketCloud.

The back button works, so I can use that to end my session. All other features can be accessed through the Touch Pointer.

I was looking at some events generated with aLogCat and found a developer with a similar issue. This is what he said finally resolved his problem:
"I've resolved the problem. We had called setFocusable(true) on the popup window and the main view, and requested focus, but omitted setFocusableInTouchMode(true)."

I purchased PocketCloud, but at the moment, I am limited to an older build of the free version on my HP Touchpad. I hope my troubleshooting helps us all get to a fully-functioning current version.

-Scott

500 Posts

Kriitik,

Is it new issue with Archos tablet, or it was never worked before?       

Thanks! I'll work off that version for now since I dont have much of a choice.

August 11th, 2015 05:00

I still see PocketCloud Remote Desktop Pro version 1.2.237 in the market. (Developers, please update the paid version)
Confirmed broken with the paid version?!

Confirmed working with the free version on the HP Touchpad!
PocketCloud Free version 1.2.165       

August 11th, 2015 05:00

Confirmed working in the pro version. Thanks!

No Events found!