Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

July 29th, 2015 02:00

Invalid Credentials - Android to Mac OSX

Invalid Credentials - Android to Mac OSX

I was referred to this forum by Roger at PocketCloud Support.
I am attempting to connect to my desktop from my new Android phone and continue to receive an "Invalid Credentials" error message after entering my username and password at the "VNC
Credentials Required" screen. Here are the details of the systems I am using based on the questions sent to me from PocketCloud Support:

1- What is the version NUMBER of PocketCloud you are using on your mobile device?
(see link below if you don't know how to find this information)? (REQUIRED): VERSION 1.3.116

2- What version NUMBER of PocketCloud Windows or Mac Companion is installed/or are you trying to install on your computer(e.g. 2.4.17, 2.0.32S, NONE)?(REQUIRED): v2.0.41

5- What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Remote computer (e.g. Lion):
10.6.8 Snow Leopard

6- What is the model of the mobile device you are using(e.g. Evo, iPhone, iPhone4, iPad, Xoom)?: Samsung GalaxySIII

7- What are the exact error messages (if any) that you are getting:
a- on your MOBILE DEVICE?: Invalid Credentials
b- on your REMOTE COMPUTER?: N/A

8- What Type of connection are you using?
b- Discovered

9- What "Connection Method" are you using on your mobile device?
b- VNC

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Best,
-Prdillo

1.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 21:00

Please take a look at the following knowledge-base article related to the error you are getting:

http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...d-Credentials-

If this does not help you get connected, please let me know.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Please take a look at the following knowledge-base article related to the error you are getting:

If this does not help you get connected, please let me know.

This and the troubleshooting guide for error messages on the support page do not help. I am entering my Gmail credentials and it is discovering my desktop, but I acna not connect. I am absolutely positive that I am entering my username and password correctly (these ALWAYS worked before I switched from iPhone to Android) but no matter what I enter, I can not connect to my desktop via PocketCloud. I have tried uninstalling an reinstalling both the desktop and mobile app and reentering all of my credentials, and none of this works. I really liked PocketClouds functionality, but I'm afeared I may need to try a different app from scratch.

1.3K Posts

Are you saving your credentials in the connections settings or are you entering them each time? You may want to double check the username within OSX just to make sure it doesn't have any characters you are missing when you are entering them within PocketCloud. Sometimes OSX will add a -pc or something like that to the username. The invalid credentials error message only shows when the credentials are incorrect.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

5 Posts

August 10th, 2015 23:00

I am entering the credentials each time. I did notice under VNC settings last night that there is an i.d. formatted as "shs username@mycomptername-imac" which I have never had to use before. I was always able to log in with the username and password I use to log in to my desktop at home, but that no longer seems to be working. is there somewhere in the login field that I should be using that "shs" password?

1.3K Posts

One of our support representatives actually updated some of the information on our Credentials knowledge-base, please let me know if the update helps you get logged in (see #5):

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

5 Posts

Interesting. Just tried a manual (non-discovered) connection using the "shs" i I mentioned earlier in the computer ID field with my normal username and password and got a "Connection failed. Could not connect to server" error instead of "invalid credentials."

1.3K Posts

You can try entering the username just how you see it in the normal place and your normal password that you use with that user account to see if that works. Let me know.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

5 Posts

That does not work.

No Events found!