nathanclarke
1 Copper

RE: Keyboard Doesn't Work (repeats keys)

Hi.

I am having the same issue as well. I logged a support request for it. Quoted below.

•Device: Samsung GalaxyTab 10.1v (GT-P7100)
•Device OS version: Android 3.0
•(Target 1) Computer OS version: Windows 7 64bit (home Premium) + RealVNC Free 4.1.3
•(Target 2) Computer OS version: VMware Workstation 7. Remote display option enabled on VM
•App version: PocketCloud 1.2.117
•Connection method: Manual
•Environment of the remote PC: Home, and reachable (correct firewall ports open, no connectivity issues)
•Keyboard Option 1: Native Android 3.0 keyboard
•Keyboard Option 2: SwiftKey Tablet X
•Keyboard Language: English 

I am having difficulty with the Android 3.0 (on Galaxy Tab 10.1) client keyboard. When i am connected to my VNC servers, when i type, the initial key gets "stuck" and the remote display repeatedly types that character over and over like a "sticky key". I find this problem on two different VNC servers (RealVNC and VMware remote display) on both my Windows 7 desktop and a virtual guest in vmware (Ubuntu 11).

I have swiftkey tablet X installed on the tablet, but the problem occurs whether i am using the native android keyboard or the swiftkey keyboard.

This unfortunately makes it impossible to use pocketcloud for my intended use (remote access to my home labs).

P.S Feedback: I love the mouse interface. It's pure genius.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

Hi geekmason, please disable sticky keys in your keyboard preference. 
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
nathanclarke
1 Copper

Err. I checked sticky keys and it was disabled. I enabled it and it seems to have resolved the issue! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

Cool! 
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
andy-2015
1 Copper

The port for the VNC protocol must be opened on the host computer.

Ideal is the beacon. Without ideal , there is no secure direction ; without direction , there is no life

All things are difficult before they are easy.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

Cool Andy!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
kingh1pp0
1 Copper

I am still having the same issue on wyse pocketcloud pro on a xoom and a samsung infuse and windows 7 home running tightvnc. It works fine on windows but I have a virtualbox ubuntu 11 guest which has the stuck key issue. Disableing sticky keys on ubuntu did not work. any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

Enable sticky keys.
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
labens
1 Copper

This is a VMWare issue on Windows 7, or maybe just a Windows 7 issue.

I stumbled upon this site looking for a resolution to VMware keyboard issues. I'm not using this Wyse product, but I have a similar problem with any type of remote control. I can say, based on substantial testing, that this problem is somewhere in Windows 7 or VMware. This problem only exists when trying to use a virtual keyboard on a Windows 7 machine. To prove this, I have performed several test scenarios:

1) Perform a remote control to a Windows 7 desktop running a VMWare Remote Console session to Server A. The virtual keyboard does not work.
2) Perform a remote control to a Windows XP desktop running a VMWare Remote Console session to Server A. The virtual keyboard works just fine.
3) Open a VMWare Remote Console session on a Windows 7 tablet. The tablet's virtual keyboard does not work when trying to type on the VM.
4) From a Windows 7 tablet (T1) open a Remote Desktop session to another Windows 7 tablet (T2) that has a VMWare Remote Console session open. The virtual keyboard on T1 will be able to input into the VMWare session running on T2. Not sure why this one scenario works.

I current use scenario 2 if I need to work from a mobile phone. I use scenario 4 if I am working from a tablet that is LAN connected.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
chebout-2015
1 Copper

I'm using pocketcloud Pro I'm having the same problem connecting rdp windows xp pro computer I have a sony tablet s I enabled sticky on my computer same problem

Tags (2)
0 Kudos