Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 03:00

Keyboard Fault Core on Asus eee PC Transformer with PocketCloudPro

Keyboard Fault Core on Asus eee PC Transformer with PocketCloudPro

Hi,

I'm a PocketCloudPro user and I just got an Asus eee PC Transformer Tablet running Android 3.0. I tried to use my PocketCloudPro but every time I tried to enter text over a connection (in this case RDP to my home PC win 7 64 bit based) the second I try to type in a text field (like my log in screen) I get a fault core. Happens every time and is repeatable. Happens on attempts to log into a win Xp machine I have too.

On a hunch I changed the keyboard setting in settings to be the English default Keyboard and not Asus. That seems to work. So you do have a compatability issue out there with the default Asus keyboard. 

Heads-up, 
Slaterman

4 Posts

August 4th, 2015 02:00

As soon as a I press a keyboard key it FC's.

500 Posts

August 4th, 2015 02:00

Slaterman,

Thank you for letting us know about this problem.
I just want to clarify, every time you try to enter the text using Asus keyboard the PocketCloud app crashes, correct? 
Or it just does not type anything?

August 6th, 2015 09:00

I am on the xoom, getting the same thing. Android 3.0, using the flex t9 keyboard and I can browse with no issues but as soon as I try to type it force closes. I also tried the stock English keyboard and it works fine.

Exact issue as slaterman has

2 Posts

August 7th, 2015 02:00

I had the same issue on the HTC Thunderbolt. PocketCloud would force close as soon as I typed the first letter to log in on my remote computer. The problem appears to be an incompatibility with FlexT9 and PocketCloud. I disabled FlexT9 and used the HTC supplied keyboard and the problem disappeared. WYSE needs to investigate this incompatibility and hopefully update the program soon. If you are like me, FlexT9 is an incredible input app with great voice recognition and text swipe and I use the voice recognition 90% of the time for emails and texts. Try using the original keyboard on your device and see if the problem disappears.

2 Posts

I am using PocketCloud Pro version 1.2.207 on a HTC Thunderbolt 4G Verizon network. The problem appears to be in using flexT9 as a keyboard input device.

500 Posts

Hi all,

Please let us know what PocketCloud version are you using? Is it Free or Paid version?
Thank you

1 Message

Quote Originally Posted by lana View Post
Slaterman,

Thank you for letting us know about this problem.
I just want to clarify, every time you try to enter the text using Asus keyboard the PocketCloud app crashes, correct? 
Or it just does not type anything?

Yes, can confirm this appears to be a compatibility issue. Running a Transformer with 3.1, using the Asus keyboard (UK in my case) - and the second you try an type anything on the keyboard (usually just the logon password for an RDP session) it crashes.

I can confirm that it only affects the remote connections, not when you use the keyboard in setting up your connection and that it effects VNC as well as RDP.

I can live without the Asus keyboard for the moment (rather than living without PocketCloud !) because predictive text is less important when you have a full Qwerty "big keyboard", but this definitely looks like a Pocket Cloud issue with the common Android "predictive" keyboards.

Daz.

925 Posts

August 7th, 2015 06:00

Hi All, Please use the english keyboard. Thank you for your feedback.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!