Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 00:00

Keyboard and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Keyboard and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

i currently have 2 samsung tablets in use. 1 is the first gen 10.1 wifi model. it works perfectly, has the Pro version of Pocket cloud. the new tab, Galaxy 2 with android 4.0 does not work so well. everything is perfect up until you get to the point to enter the password on the remote machine. whatever is typed on the tablet keyboard does not appear in the password box. if I connect a samsung blue tooth keyboard to the tablet, it works perfectly. is there a known issue with the keyboard, Android 4.0 and pocket cloud? my setups and user accounts are the same on both tablets. the only thing different is version of pocket cloud and android version.

1.3K Posts

July 29th, 2015 00:00

What keyboard are you using on your Galaxy 2 with 4.0? Is it a Samsung Android keyboard or the standard Android keyboard? We have noticed a few issues with manufactures keyboards not working how they should. You can also try downloading a 3rd party keyboard to see if it makes a difference.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

July 30th, 2015 01:00

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

What keyboard are you using on your Galaxy 2 with 4.0? Is it a Samsung Android keyboard or the standard Android keyboard? We have noticed a few issues with manufactures keyboards not working how they should. You can also try downloading a 3rd party keyboard to see if it makes a difference.

Hello,

I have the same problem... using Galaxy Tab 2 with PocketCloud when you try to use the default software keyboard (opening with the keybard icon on the compact mouse) to insert characters in a field text it doesn't works.

It doesn't works also on a word file, wordpad file or notepad file. Only the direction and home/end keys works.

Could you help me? I have already bought the pro version paying and I have to use it in production of my company.

Thanks in advance.

Leo

1.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 21:00

Are you using the Android Keyboard or another default keyboard (Possibly the Samsung Keyboard)? Sometimes devices come with installed keyboards from the manufacturer and they are not using the Android keyboard that is also on the system. Check to see if the Android keyboard is available. You may also want to try a 3rd party keyboard, I have heard the Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard that you can download from the Google Play store works well for devices that are having keyboard trouble with the application.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...W4ucG9ydGVkIl0

Josh Maurer

1 Message

August 11th, 2015 04:00

Solution to keyboard problem

[QUOTE=sgamble;15770]i currently have 2 samsung tablets in use. 1 is the first gen 10.1 wifi model. it works perfectly, has the Pro version of Pocket cloud. the new tab, Galaxy 2 with android 4.0 does not work so well. everything is perfect up until you get to the point to enter the password on the remote machine. whatever is typed on the tablet keyboard does not appear in the password box."

Same problem...solved by changing my windows access password to something that is easy for the voice recognition software and then I enter it using the VR button and my voice on the standard Samsung Tab 7"2 keyboard. Problem solved.

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 04:00

You can also get things working again by disabling the following options on the Samsung keyboard:

-Predictive text
-Handwriting
-Auto-punctuate 

Josh Maurer

No Events found!