8 Krypton

RE: Keyboard no show

panol, to activate they keyboard, tap on the pointer, and from here you can select the keyboard on the pointer options. They keyboard should show from there. The keyboard AUTO-ACTIVATE function only works once you are logged into your machine. So when you tap on a text field, the keyboard should automatically show from there. Please let me know if this does not resolve the problem.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
paul g-2015
1 Nickel

Josh, I have got around the prob by installing GO Keyboard + their pad plugin. This seems to work just fine AND auto-pops kerboard with your Companion software installed on the Win 2003 terminal server. Whoopeee!

The only prob now is how to download the Pro version to try out (thru the Android Market) I pay then it says Downloading - but hangs! (several times). Refund/try again - still same. Any ideas? Is there another way?

Cheers

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
paul g-2015
1 Nickel

While searching for an answer to the Android Market problem I mention above I discovered several threads relating to this very KEYBOARD PROBLEM! 

It seems that we are reinventing the wheel as it has already been solved back in March - and is disappointing that none of us (inc me) checked properly!! What a waste of everyones time 😞

Here is a link to one thread which concludes that it is a prob with the inbuilt keyboard of the Viewpad 7.

http://community.wyse.com/forum/prin...6&pp=10&page=3

PS. I would still like advice re buying the Pro version though please? 😉

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Paul, sorry I missed that thread too. Glad to hear that the fix is just downloading a 3rd party keyboard.

As for the downloading issue, what type of connection are you using when you are trying to download it (wifi, 3g/4g)? Try changing from wifi to 3g/4g or vice versa then attempt to download.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
paul g-2015
1 Nickel

OK it was WiFi, so I tried disabling it and going via phone HSPA. No joy. Aothorises card the hangs with "Startiing Download" msg. Hope I am not going to get multiple charges for this - eeek!
btw have rebooted Viewpad. NB. I am using the UPGRADE TO POCKETCLOUD PRO button from the app itself. There is also an Ad at the top offering 40% off upgrade - which seems to go the same place in the Market and the same price! £5.79 Is that right?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Here is a link to the Android Marketplace troubleshooting page for the issue you are having:
http://www.google.com/support/androi...answer=1067233

Please let me know if you are still having trouble with this.

As for the pricing, the £5.79 is the correct price (40% off). The promo will be ending this week.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
homerscousin
1 Copper

keyboard is not showing up on HTC flyer

Hello,

I have the pro version and it worked just fine until recently (maybe after an update). I have the companion installed and i'm running Honeycomb OS (it's an early dev versiosn). Auto-activate is on. What should i do?

thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

homerscousin, sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you, but we are releasing a new version this week that will fix the issue on the Flyer. Please keep an eye out for the update!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos