Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 1st, 2015 01:00

Login / AutoDiscovery Setup

Login / AutoDiscovery Setup

Android, Free Version on HTC Inspire

IF I do manage to login, the app just throws me back to the AutoDiscovery Setup screen. If I click on Settings, it shows that I'm logged into Google. I can logout and, if it does tell me that it's logged me back in, it just puts me back to the AutoDiscovery Screen again.

I've uninstalled app, wiped data with Titanium Backup and reinstalled. I've restored previous installations that worked on my Samsung Galaxy S. I've even uninstalled, and used Root Explorer to delete the .com files in the data directory and reinstalled. Same thing.

1 Message

Hi:

I'm using pocketcloud pro on a ZTE Softstone (Android), and I can't use Auto Discovery.
I have successfully logged in my gmail both on my PC and on my mobile, but on the "my computer screen" I only have the manual connections. It happens the same to me, when I choose Auto Discovery the app just throws me back to the settings screen.

I've runned the "diagnostic" in my computer and everything is Ok, firewall is not blocking, ports are opened... Any clue of what I am doing wrong?

500 Posts

Hi,

Please try to install latest version of Windows Companion 2.1.11 from 
http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...re%20Downloads).
Let us know if it works.

Thanks

925 Posts

Hi , you are never taken to 'my computer screen'? somehow we are not able to reproduce this issue here.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

August 6th, 2015 20:00

im having this same issue but i already have the latest app and windows program....and already spent 1.5 hrs trying to setup an rdp connection..waste of my time...it will not sign in to do the autodiscovery setup. pls help ...using sprint evo and windows vista business

925 Posts

August 10th, 2015 23:00

Can you please login to your desktop and check the companion status? Is it logged into gmail ? Can you please logout and login again ?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi Jg, Are you on the internet? Can you please check network status using the device browser? 
The top status bar shows 3g or wifi symbol?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

500 Posts

jgco2005,

What exactly do you mean by saying "it will not sign in to the auto discovery setup". What error message are you getting?
Please try:
1) Open Browser on Android device
2) Navigate to gmail.com.
3) Sign in with your username & password.
4) Enter your password again as well as the CAPTCHA and sign in.
5) Re-launch PocketCloud and sign into Auto Discovery.

3 Posts

seriously,,,.....is it that hard to figure out how to use this program? i have everything set up on my desktop....everything is logged in.....but what doesnt work? the app on my phone when i try to log into the auto discovery setup with my gmail account it litteraly says it is logging in but never does...it just hangs at that screen for hours until i shut the program down.....i go into my auto discovery setup on the app on my phone ....type in my gmail username and then the password and then it dims my screen and shows a grey box that says LOGGING IN with the circle beside it....it never gets past that point.....this is not a user error....the app is not working properly

You can add me to the list. I have installed latest build on my xp desktop and am logged in there. I open the pocketcloud app on my htc aria, go to settings, log in and it says "if you are logged in anywhere else they will show up uder "my computers" and then takes me to the "default" screen that has the my computer on top and the large suggestion that I sign in to use automatic discovery beneath. At this point I am logged in properly everywhere, but there is no computer listed under my computer. That is the problem that everyone here is having.
ETA: I am using wifi in the same house as the desktop I'm trying to access. I have logged out and relogged into gmail via browser.

My problem seems to be on my computer

I installed the lite version before paying. I installed the PC client on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. I am on a cable modem behind a router with a wpa password.

I didn't see anything about getting the computer software installed. The download for Windows does not specify what OS it is good for.

I did run diagnostics and it cannot open the ports. I am signed into both sides with my standard gmail address.

I am not a network expert but I can get into my computer from a notebook. But I have to use wizards.

Any Wizards out there to walk me through this connection?

Thanks

3 Posts

i tried those steps u gave me and it is doing the same as before...what i meant by it not signing in is...im not getting an error...when i enter my username and password on the auto discovery it gives me the loading section where it is cycling and stays like that...it wont log in and i dont get an error...it hangs on the loading thing.

August 11th, 2015 00:00

I agree with above. I'm a smart guy with top-of-the-line equipment (windows 7, droid x). I want to be a loyal customer. I want to tell my friends about how awesome this app is. Help me get there by providing support and helping me fix the problems with this app.

I had problems and found that the problem was on my Windows 7 machine. I had to set the remote access so I could get in. It had nothing to do with the connections. I wasted an hour with my dlink help call.

Now I can get to my computer but cannot log in. 

I have Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I have one login and do not use a password. When I log in from the phone app, I can see a Windows login screen. Since I have no password I had hoped to get in from that screen. So I tried to create a new account and had it password protected. That new account showed up and, even with the password, I could not get into my computer.

Any help here? I guess it is a Windows problem but I would expect that the Pocket Cloud Companion would take care of the settings automatically. Turning off Firewall and Antivirus (Norton) did not help.

Thanks.

925 Posts

HI All, Rdp connections require a password. Can you please update your account with password.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Can you please check your remote desktops ettings. Please make sure ' allow any user to access' option enabled.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!