Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R2

August 11th, 2015 05:00

Login Failure with gmail account in Auto Discovery.

Login Failure with gmail account in Auto Discovery.

I'm running v2.1.11 on Window XP pro, I get the same result if windows firewall is turned on or off. I can successfully log into my gmail account on my browser and have tried the following without any resolution:
1) Open Browser.
2) Navigate to gmail.com.
3) Sign in with your username & password.
4) Enter your password again as well as the CAPTCHA and sign in.
5) Re-launch PocketCloud and sign into Auto Discovery.
Do you have anything else I can try?
Are there any ports that need to be open on the company firewall?

925 Posts

Hi rfetcher , when you try to login on the device using pocketcloud, do you see any error message? what do you see?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

4 Posts

Hi...I am too having problem logging in with my gmail account....both on windows as well as andriod. I even tried making a new google account. I had successfully done manual RDP connection. But having problem signing in with google account. Help me. Thx

Windows 7, Droid X, Still having problems

I have Windows 7 and a Droid X

I can't get this to work

I'm logged in to the PC side (i just downloaded the latest version)

I'm logged in to the Android side.

No connection is showing up on my Computers.

I'd be more than happy to figure out the VNC or RDP thingamajig if there was any FAQ or support on how to do that.

I've been banging my head against this issue for a week now. please help.

2 Posts

I, too, am experiencing the same problem. I can login to my Google account from the PocketCloud app on my Android, but the Windows client always reports a login failure message. Yes, I entered the correct gmail address and password, and yes, I tried completely disabling my firewall.

1 Message

I cannot login to Gmail account either.

Other apps can easily access my gamil.com account, both from my Xoom tablet, and from each of the PC's I've tried (both Windows XP and Vista), but the PocketCloud and the PC Companion cannot login in.

I got the updated version ogf the companion software (3/25/2011), but I still cannot login (to use the discovery)

On my work PC, the diagnostic gives "checks" to the "RDP/VNC", "Firewall", and "Login" configurations. Yet, after failing to login, if I run the "Test" in the Auto Discovery window, it returns:
"RDP to port 3389 is successful"
"VNC to port 5900 failed"

How can the diagnostic "check" it if part of it fails?

On the Xoom side (I'm using the free trial version - I'll happily buy it, provided I can get it to work), I am able to set up my Gmail account credentials, but, when I go to login to either use the discovery PocketCloud goes into perpetual "Logging in" mode (little window with spinning activity indicator), and never completes the login.

Attempting to use the manual set up, I have verified that the PC (under System Properties) has "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer" checked, and that the "Windows Firewall" is configured to allow Remote Desktop connections.

On the Xoom side, I set up using IP address, along with users name and password (I even include the Domain). But, when I attempt to connect, I get "Could not connect to server".

What should I try next?

925 Posts

Yoursuf, if you are are unable to login to google using pocketcloud, I suggest try logging into gmail, using your device and desktop browser.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

hi All, Can you please install the latest companion.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

same problem

the login with auto discovery returns with a failed message both on the iPad as well as the PC.

It is possibly a problem with the gmail account? my gmail account is a Canadian account.

Steve

I'm getting the same problem.
It worked fine, then when I tried to access my pc a few days later from the Android app it wouldn't login, so I tried clearing login, reinstalling app etc, and since then as soon as I press Log In it gives me an login failed error, the error comes back so fast it doesn't look like it's even trying to connect. 

Using 2.1.11 on Vista Home Premium, and the phone is a Sony Ericsson X10.

I hadn't changed anything between it working and not, so I have no idea what it could be.

edit: and yes, I've tried all the above.

925 Posts

Hi Rfletcher, Please open the following ports: 5222 Outgoing and 443 outgoing. please let me know if this works.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

hi sl, when you see the spinner are you on the network? Can you please try manual connection on wifi .

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

Sorry to interfere, but I am experiencing the same issue. I cannot login to my Google (apps) account from the Windows app (the Companion), but I am having no problems loggin in via the iOS app?

500 Posts

OmarKN,
Are you unable to login into Windows Companion on PC or Auto Discovery on Android device?
If on Android then have you tried to go to the Android browser > gmail > login with gmail account > launch PocketCloud and login with same gmail accont to Auto Discovery

Are yousing 3G or WiFi to connect to remote PC?

Also, please make sure if you have digits or special characters in your password use special characters keyboard to enter special characters (do not press and hold a key to get secondary character) in PocketCloud username and password field

auto-discovery on my iPad and my PC still won't log into my gmail account. I did manage on the iPad to setup the computer manually and log into the account though. It still doesn't work with auto-discovery.

And I haven't managed to get the PC to login.

Is it possible there is an issue with the type of gmail account or settings on the account?

When I try to log into Pocketcloud on my pc using Auto Discovery using my gmail account I get "Login Failed"

I also get a "Login Failed" on my phone using the pocketcloud app.

No Events found!