Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I2

August 1st, 2015 23:00

Manual RDP Problems

Manual RDP Problems

Hi... I have a problem with the recent update to pocket cloud pro. Everything worked fine for the eight months prior to the update, but now I cannot access any of my RDP's (either internal or external). The same RDP connections work fine with the free version. Whereas this is a single User network, running home automation software, I do not use VNC, or Pocket Cloud Companion. I have tried reentering the RDP information, but with no luck (here again, the free version works). Can anyone help me?

Phone:
T-Mobile MyTouch 4G, Android 2.2.1

Computer:
AMD Based, Windows Home Server 2003,

1 Message

Hi irongiant.

1) Try to see if your computer's and your phone's date/time is correct. This might be causing certificates to expire. 

If that does not work 

2) Try to go settings and accept all certificates.

I am assuming you have NLA enabled on that machine. 

Let me know how if goes.

Update...

The Free version updated today, and now it doesn't work either. I checked the time of the phone and of the server computer, and they are correct. As far as enabling NLA on Windows Home Server 2003, I can't find where to do that. Administrator services shows that NLA is started, so I assume that it is. There is a certificate error which is an unresolved issue for the HP Home Servers... I am now even more confused, Any help to resolve this will be greatly appreciated. Even a link to the older versions. I need to get Home Automation systems up and running remotely. Thanx again

I also have this issue with connecting to my Windows Home Server. It used to work just fine and ever since the update i get the cannot connect error message.

200 Posts

August 5th, 2015 02:00

We'll try to find the rootcause for your problems, can you try the following?
1) In PocketCloud on your Android Phone can you try going to the Settings page and Enable the Accept All Certificates option?
2) Create a new RDP connection from scratch

Are you using Auto Discovery? We'll keep looking at this internally as well.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Quote Originally Posted by daniel View Post
We'll try to find the rootcause for your problems, can you try the following?
1) In PocketCloud on your Android Phone can you try going to the Settings page and Enable the Accept All Certificates option?
2) Create a new RDP connection from scratch

Are you using Auto Discovery? We'll keep looking at this internally as well.

Accept all Certificates is enabled... New RDP connection... Have tried auto discovery... Still cannot connect. Having done a little research last night, it seems as though Windows Home Server 2003, does not support NLA. Microsoft's Knowledge Base states that RDP 6 is required for NLA, Home Server 2003, doesn't include RDP 6, nor does any of it's updates. Uninstalling Pocket Cloud Pro, and reinstalling Pocket Cloud Free, allows free to work, but with the one computer connection limitation. Is there anyway that previous (non NLA) versions of Pro can be re-released? Perhaps an option to enable/disable NLA... Thank you

200 Posts

Thanks for the details, this is very helpful information! We'll add a toggle switch to enable/disable NLA in the next maintanance release.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

200 Posts

August 12th, 2015 06:00

We are prioritizing a maintenance release to address this. Sorry for the inconvenience.
BTW, this can resolved in some instances by enabling "Accept All Certificates" in the Settings page.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Quote Originally Posted by daniel View Post

Thanks for the details, this is very helpful information! We'll add a toggle switch to enable/disable NLA in the next maintanance release.

Thanx Daniel... I'll continue with the free version until the fix. Unless you can provide me a link to the previous version of Pro. I've also been meaning to update to Server 2008, maybe this is the excuse I need to get it done.

I think I'm having the same issue. Just upgraded to Pro, but cannot connect to any 2003 servers, which is mostly what I got it for. Can connect to Windows 7 ok. 2003 and 2008 just get a grey screen 

1 Message

I have a major problem with this same issue. I am the IT manager for a computer service center. Our office uses a home server exclusively, which is server 2003. This new update has broken the connection to our office. Our office is completely down for on-site invoicing. All of our on-site technicians use android phones, and all of them use PocketCloud for invoicing! Please tell me that you can release an emergency update or an APK I can manually install on the technicians' phones.

August 12th, 2015 07:00

Same issue here getting to Windows Home Server v1 and Server 2003 systems...! Argh!! Just wasted 2 hours of my life trying to figure out what was wrong. We just installed a new router and I assumed it was related to that rather than the client that had worked fine for so long without issue...

Accepting all certs has no effect, as a matter of fact, I finally realized the issue was with the client after clearing all saved certs. Upon connection I was prompted to accept the cert so I knew traffic was getting to the client...

HTC Incredible w Froyo

this can resolved in some instances by enabling "Accept All Certificates" in the Settings page.

this worked for me on my Galaxy S running android 2.2

Thanks.

500 Posts

Hi,

New release is coming soon with NLA switch ON/OFF option, which should solve connection issues on Paid version.

Regards

1 Message

I'm having the same issue. It took me more than 15 minutes to find out and could not return $15.00 app. Called WYSE support and they told me I had to use this forum to find answer. 

Will I be able to use on windows server 2003 and Win 7?

5 Posts

I am having what I think is a similar problem. We use server 2000. Until recently on our network the manual connection worked fine. I have a Droid X, I have made sure that the settings accept all certificates. I continue to get the "Could not connect to server" message. I am using the pro version of pocket cloud. My initial question was whether this has to do with something entirely different--say like different security settings on our network--but this is not it because my home network doesn't have those settings and I cannot connect. In both cases, if I use the Windows companion (both are windows 7 pro) I am able to connect. That presents a problem for me as well, because when I had been using the manual connection, there was no distortion of the 16x9 screen layout of the host computer that I was RDP-ing into; not so with the Windows companion. Programs that require various windows from within themselves, are "scrunched" into the portrait size of the Droid X, even when in landscape mode. 

This is frustrating, and makes me want to use the manual, but that doesn't work. It suddenly makes this not very usable for me.

No Events found!