Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

Motorola Xoom connection issues

Angry Motorola Xoom connection issues

Using Motorola Xoom (Verizon), Android 3.0. Downloaded Companion on PC (Windows). Xoom recognizes PC but I can't bring up the virtual keyboard on the Xoom to enter the required information to complete the access to PC remotely. HELP!

4 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

Quote Originally Posted by leoblackwell View Post

Using Motorola Xoom (Verizon), Android 3.0. Downloaded Companion on PC (Windows). Xoom recognizes PC but I can't bring up the virtual keyboard on the Xoom to enter the required information to complete the access to PC remotely. HELP!
I am using the Xoom without issue. Although the software hasn't been updated to the 3.0 interface.

If you select the menu bottom then keyboard works for me on my Xoom.

Thanks
Robert

925 Posts

August 6th, 2015 23:00

Are you doing a vnc connection or rdp? when you get the error message try connecting to the same desktop using some desktop rdp/vnc client. It is possible that the system is in inconsistant state. It could be even the vnc service not reachable. Just getting more info to troubleshoot. Thank you! Regarding keyboard, if companion is installed , while you are on the editing pad, it should automatically show up(settings page-autoactiavte ON). Otherwise just use the bottom menu.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Xoom connection issues persist

Quote Originally Posted by rmiddle View Post

I am using the Xoom without issue. Although the software hasn't been updated to the 3.0 interface.

If you select the menu bottom then keyboard works for me on my Xoom.

Thanks
Robert
Thanks Robert. I did figure that out and was able to connect just fine. However, when I go to reconnect anew it tries for few minutes and I get a message that "could not connect to server"...any ideas?

I don't even know what the vcn or rdp connection is. Auto Discovery calls for vcn information and I don't know what to enter or where to find that info. Can you assist?

Hey Robert. I got it working with the help of our IT guy. Apparently I needed to select the rdp connection option from the list that opened when I touched the + sign in the right top corner of the Xoom screen. This is a whole new system and experience for me and I am pretty much a novice anyway. At any rate everything seems to be good and I thank you for the support. It sure looks like just the application I need for my remote computing needs on the Xoom. Much appreciated.

No Events found!