Multiple Problems over 3g and wifi
first things first i am using the HTC evo with sprint (non rooted) im using android 2.2 version pocket cloud 1.1.208 with windows 7 enterprise eddition
some backround info i have done all the steps that it says to before posting like uncheck that box to allow connections and make sure 3 boxes are checked (by the way theres only 2 boxes on my computer) i am on a home network with a netgear firewalled connection my brother uses a different RDP client for his iphone and he uses port 3389 for him i set up port 49300 for to be forwerded to my computer opened the port through windows seven and through the netgear firewall. first problem is
1. when using auto discovery it very inconsistantly lets me connect while using 3g but sometimes does it seems only after i do the diagnosic it works but many times will just not work while even being logged in. but it never has let me log in through the discovery mode when on wifi just always says error in connection or w/e
2. problem is that in any of these the auto resolution stinks makes it super small and does not fit properly to my screen with it tilted either way i want it to completely fill the screen both ways and auto fit it to my phone (like in the pics on your site) but i have to choose a manual way which is closest and even that kinda stinks.
3. so i set up a manual RDP using the external ip ( of my router which i found by typing in whats my ip on google and came to a website that told me some 24.etc number) using the username of my computer and my password and the port number 49300 that i unblocked and sent to forward to my computer and i cannot get a connection over wifi or 3g but yet my brother can do it with his app. to my computer if he uses that info. i also tried using my internal ip but that doesnt work either over either 3g or wifi.
also sorry one more problem i forgot about now out of nowhere when i go to use auto discovery connection with my desktop it says the remote machine you are trying to connect to is onfline even though they are both logged in to the google login and worked just a day or two ago with no changes.
'also sorry one more problem i forgot about now out of nowhere when i go to use auto discovery connection with my desktop it says the remote machine you are trying to connect to is onfline even though they are both logged in to the google login and worked just a day or two ago with no changes.'
Are you trying to connect using auto discovery from outside or inside your network?
1.Please try to re-login to Windows Companion Google account and then re-login on HTC device (Settings > Auto discovery)
1) Follow these instructions to change your RDP port to 49300: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306759
2) Restart your computer
3) Go to whatsmyip.net and make a note of your IP address
4) Go to http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and type in your IP address and port 49300
If it responds that it's open then everything should work.
If it responds that it's closed then their is a problem with your port forwarding or firewall.
first of all thank you it seems to be working great now... but the auto resolution still seems to be off i installed the companion on my laptop and the auto resolution on there (using VNC) works great its really a good size but when i connect to my desktop the width of the screen on my phone is so ridiciously small i should be have to scroll over a little bit so see the full picture of my desktop it should be proportional but instead the height is fine but it just smooshes things so 1/2 of the screens width is gone and the closest fixed size that i like is alright but still not that great... also when i play a song on my computer and hear it on my phone there should be a way to adjust the volume level on my phone (such as the ringer side buttons but they dont work) it stays at full volume... these are two minor issues but hopefully thats it thanks
one more thing whenever I connect to my desktop using rdp it logs off the physical computer this would be nice to be able to turn on and off for example if I wanted to show my brother how to do something on the computer while I am away it would be good for him to see the movements without the inconvenience of logging back on