Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M2

July 29th, 2015 00:00

No mouse with Galaxy Note 2

No mouse with Galaxy Note 2

l have used pocket cloud OK on an HTC Desire to run RDP Session. With Samsung Galaxy Nole 2 l can log k but can not interact via the keyboard or mouse In any way to control the remote PC.l Am using v4.1.1 of Android on my device

1.3K Posts

August 4th, 2015 21:00

Please let me know how that goes. 

This is strange behavior you are reporting. We have had a small amount of users experience losing control of their remote computer as if they lost connectivity but they could still see their desktop. We are currently working on a fix for this in our next release. I am not sure if this is the same behavior as that though.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

623 Posts

Mischa,
What version and edition of Windows are you using? (Windows XP Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate, etc.)
Are you using 32 or 64 bit?
I have a Sprint Edition of the Galaxy Note 2 with version 4.1.2 and runs without any of these problems.
I have all the RDP performance settings on except for Invert Scrolling and Swap mouse Buttons.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit with an Australian Telstra version (if there is such a thing) of Galaxy Note 2 with version 4.1.1 of Android. However, please note that I never encountered these problems with my previous HTC Desired HD.

I may have fixed the problem. I turned off ALL the Application options and it seems to now work. I still had "Screen tap sound" and "Touch Pointer compact mode" turned on. So now I have everything in "RDP Performance tuning" and "Application options" turned OFF. Lets see how it goes now,

1.3K Posts

August 9th, 2015 20:00

Have you tried clearing the application data from the Android application settings yet? Maybe see if that has any impact on the behavior.

Also, are you using any type of 3rd party task manager applications on your device? We have seen that some applications can cause strange beavior with our application when it is suspended etc using these 3rd party applications.

Josh Maurer

I have cleared the application data and re-installed PocketCloud. I am not using any 3rd party task manager at all. I am still having the same problem. I can connect and the mouse will work for a few minutes, then for no apparent reason I can no longer interact with the mouse/keyboard etc. I can simply zoom in and out of the screen. The screen is still updating (windows clock updates, and gadgets on the screen are updating), The only think I can do is kill the task each time and start again where I last left off. I am simply wanting to use PocketCloud to monitor and reset some basic applications on a remote server, but this can often take a while due to having to restart a number of times before I can complete the task.

Hello Josh
Thanks for your response. This phone has never been rooted. It is only a couple of months old and as it is my second Android phone I have not had to try out too naby things before I was comfortable with how it was set up etc, I am reluctant to do a reset, as it takes quite a while to put everything back (text messages, emails, photoes, music etc etc)

3 Posts

August 9th, 2015 23:00

Josh and Roger,

I restarted my Galaxy Note II, went back to my PocketCloud App, started it, connected with my desktop, and the mouse worked fine. I even sent a reply to Roger from my desktop, but remotely done using my Galaxy. Cool Beans!... 
As long as I don't have to restart my Note II everytime I need to remote in, this appears to work great. If it does what I think it can, Wow! Great App!
I will keep you updated.
Thanks Much!

Incidentally, my Galaxy Note II is running Android Version 4.1.2

3 Posts

I posted to Support Desk:
Desktop is Windows XP Pro SP3 with Remote Desktop Enabled
Galaxy Note II
PocketCloud RDP and PocketCloud Companion both installed flawlessly
Auto Discovery through Google Account worked flawlessly
Connection made and Desktop appears on my Galaxy
Mouse icon appears, moves around, appears to function as expected...except mouse clicks cause nothing to happen on desktop.
Checked settings and read install and user guides, no hints as to problem
************************************************** ***********************************************
Roger Montalvo replied with:
1- What is the version NUMBER of PocketCloud you are using on your mobile device?
(see link below if you don't know how to find this information)? (REQUIRED):
2- What version NUMBER of PocketCloud Windows or Mac Companion is installed/or are you trying to install on your computer(e.g. 2.4.17, 2.0.32S, NONE)?(REQUIRED):
3- What are the exact error messages (if any) that you are getting:
a- on your MOBILE DEVICE?:
b- on your REMOTE COMPUTER?:
4- What Type of connection are you using (Select from options below)?
a- Manual
b- Discovered
5- What "Connection Method" are you using on your mobile device (Select from options below)?
a- RDP
b- VNC 
6- Are you using the stylus?
************************************************** ************************************************** ****
I then responded with:
Here are my answers. (Reminder: Both packages installed fine, connection made fine, mouse appears on my Android and moves around on screen image, but no action results from clicks.)
1- What is the version NUMBER of PocketCloud you are using on your mobile device? (PocketCloud Free Version:1.3.116)
2- What version NUMBER of PocketCloud Windows is installed on your computer? (PocketCloud Windows Companion v 2.5.13)
3- What are the exact error messages that you are getting:
a- on your MOBILE DEVICE?: (None)
b- on your REMOTE COMPUTER?: (None)
4- What Type of connection are you using?
b- Discovered (I am using “Discovered”.)
5- What "Connection Method" are you using on your mobile device?
a- RDP (I am using “Remote Desktop”)
6- Are you using the stylus? (I have tried both fingertip and stylus with same results. HOWEVER, when I was trying fingertip, the stylus WAS out of its storage slot, and in my hand…..)

Then Roger recognized I was enquiring about PocketCloud Free, and directed me to the support forum.
Can someone help, Please?
Mark A. Campbell, P.E.
(AyekaMark)
markc@rtetech.com

Unfortunatly it seems that pocket cloud will not work with the samsung galley note 2 so I need to look for another option. Just one last observation and note. If the focus happens to be on an editable screen the character 'b' keeps geting entered as soon as I have lost control. And just prior to losing control I get a louder beep than normal.

Thanks Josh. I am looking forward to the update.

1.3K Posts

No problem. Again, our apologies for the delays on this. We have a lot of new things and fixes coming up for the next few releases.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Hey guys, we have resolved a few of the issues around the Galaxy Note 2 and it is currently in testing. Hopefully these changes will be making it into the next version. It is sounding like it should be available mid next month as of right now.

Josh Maurer

3 Posts

when checking Developer options on my Galaxy note II: both of mine are "unchecked" (off) Please refer to my post at the end of this thread.

14 Posts

August 10th, 2015 00:00

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

What version do you currently have installed where you are seeing this behavior? Are you using the stylus when this happens?

I've been doing things to try to get to the bottom of things on my end. I had some startup processes stopped to save memory on the machine I have been remoting in to. 

I can report that some of the behavior seems to have cleared up after using msconfig to load all processes. I do not know the offender.

But in some applications and/or websites, the stylus generates a "b" character. This behavior does not occur using my finger. Every time I bring the stylus about 1/2 inch from the screen, another b is generated.

I have also seen the capital B as well. Again, only usins the stylus. So I cannot reply to emails using Outlook 2013 using the stylus and I have encountered various input fields on various websites but it seems to be a mixed bag.

I am not sure what version my software is but I did check for updates on my note II today.

No Events found!