Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M2

July 29th, 2015 00:00

No mouse with Galaxy Note 2

No mouse with Galaxy Note 2

l have used pocket cloud OK on an HTC Desire to run RDP Session. With Samsung Galaxy Nole 2 l can log k but can not interact via the keyboard or mouse In any way to control the remote PC.l Am using v4.1.1 of Android on my device

14 Posts

August 10th, 2015 00:00

I am currently using v1.3.226 with my Note II. First, I attempted to remote into my pc. Something new. The controls cluster was visible but everything else was black.

I went into settings and turned off the NLA switch and then I was able to see everything. Today, I started out with input control. I browsed some emails and then started a review on Amazon.

When I placed my insertion point into the input field, no keyboard came up so I hit the context menu button on my Note II and selected the keyboard there. I began with full input control but got sidetracked and had to park the keyboard to review.

This time, I used the control cluster to select the keyboard from there. At that point, I lost all input control. I tried to use the context menu keyboard but no go there either. My session was dead.

This is very strange behavior indeed..

1.3K Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redeyedog View Post

Wow! I sure am glad I found this post. I just finished trying the free version and then paying for Pro in hopes that the b character would stop writing itself into my email replies. After trying various settings, I am having the same intermittent behavior with the mouse.

I am using a Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 International model. I need a decent remote desktop program to do my work away from home. I am using the manual config and is a big reason why I am hoping this situation can get resolved.

Have you found a fix? I haven't finished reading all the posts on this thread. TIA

What version do you currently have installed where you are seeing this behavior? Are you using the stylus when this happens?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

That is an issue that was reported on our current release of the application (1.3.x16). We are in the process of releasing our next version that will have a fix for this hopefully sometime in the next week or so. Sit tight!

Josh Maurer

14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

That is an issue that was reported on our current release of the application (1.3.x16). We are in the process of releasing our next version that will have a fix for this hopefully sometime in the next week or so. Sit tight!

oh man. That would be great! It's driving me nuts!

Good news (for me at least) is that the control behaviors I was originally was having seem to be behind me.

I do have another suggestion for a future release, though. Personally, I do not like the idea of having to include a password when configuring a new connection. 

Although a new connection can be saved without a password, you have to wait for a connection attempt to timeout before being given the option to enter yiur password.

You have probably used Microsoft Window's RD. I like the abilty to enter the password at the time you are attempting to connect to the remote computer. It all happens instantly. Enter the correct password,you're in. Wrong password, denied access.

I like having the last layer of defense in the event my note II gets snatched. Thanks for keeping me updated!

1.3K Posts

Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear things are working a little better for you.

Keep an eye out for a update soon.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Thanks for the update. We do have some stability improvements coming with our next releases that should hopefully address this issue for you. 

Unfortunately we have found an issue with recent updates from Samsung that it blocks our connection sometimes for some users randomly. Our engineers have found and fixed the issue and it is currently being tested.

Josh Maurer

14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mischa View Post

Unfortunatly it seems that pocket cloud will not work with the samsung galley note 2 so I need to look for another option. Just one last observation and note. If the focus happens to be on an editable screen the character 'b' keeps geting entered as soon as I have lost control. And just prior to losing control I get a louder beep than normal.

Wow! I sure am glad I found this post. I just finished trying the free version and then paying for Pro in hopes that the b character would stop writing itself into my email replies. After trying various settings, I am having the same intermittent behavior with the mouse.

I am using a Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 International model. I need a decent remote desktop program to do my work away from home. I am using the manual config and is a big reason why I am hoping this situation can get resolved.

Have you found a fix? I haven't finished reading all the posts on this thread. TIA

1.3K Posts

That is strange behavior. I am curious if when you were on amazon the session got disconnected somehow and did not warn you? 

Auto-keyboard activate is disabled by default now, so if you would like, you can go into PocketCloud settings and turn auto-keyboard on. I am curious if that would have any impact?

Josh Maurer

14 Posts

That is strange behavior. I am curious if when you were on amazon the session got disconnected somehow and did not warn you? 

Auto-keyboard activate is disabled by default now, so if you would like, you can go into PocketCloud settings and turn auto-keyboard on. I am curious if that would have any impact?

No. That does't seem to change anything after the ability to input stops. There doesn't seem to be any pattern of what or when. It's working and then it's not. 

I did go back and try to change various settings for various configurations but none of it seems to matter after I loose input control. I can't scroll. All I can do is move the window around.

I'm not sure but I seem to have lost the ability to connect to a remote PC outside the perimeter. I know my port forwarding and AV pinhole is set correctly. Strange. Not sure what to do.

14 Posts

Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear things are working a little better for you.

Keep an eye out for a update soon.

Well I was just writing to let you know that Imay have spoken too quickly. Last night and today, I tried to use Pocketcloud to clean out my inbox. It started in OK but shortly after, for no apparent reason, it just stopped working correctly.

This is the original problem with losing input control. I can move the windows around the screen but I can't minimize or anything requiring input.

Edit: I can report that after the update, the "b" character is not being created at least in replying to emails. I haven't been able to test any further because of the other problems.

So I restarted the Note II hoping the behavior would change but no change. Then, just a little while ago, an update came down. If that was the update you referred to, I have to report no change. I restarted after the update completed but I am not able to get anything meaningful done on the remote computer.

When this app works, I really like it so I hope you continue to try to get it to work wjth the Note II and others having issues.

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 01:00

redeydog, what version of Windows are you connecting to (XP, 7, 8, etc)? Also what edition (Home, Professional, Ultimate, etc)?

Josh Maurer

14 Posts

August 10th, 2015 01:00

Win8 Pro 64 bit. Sorry I haven't been around. I just tried again and the mouse and zoom worked great but still getting those "bbbbbbbb" characters in input fields and text files.

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 03:00

Is the "bbbbbbbbbb" behavior happening in a specific application?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 04:00

I have not been able to reproduce the behavior using our latest internal version as well as our market version. What connection type are you using (VNC or RDP)? Also what computer are you connecting to (Mac or Windows PC) and what version of the operating system is it running (Lion, XP, Vista, 7, 8) and what version (Home, Ultimate, etc.)? And you are using a manual connection correct?

Josh Maurer

14 Posts

August 10th, 2015 04:00

Windows 8 Pro PC, RDP default 3389 (would like to change ports but I'm stuck in testing mode), always manual connection.

No Events found!