redeyedog
1 Nickel

RE: No mouse with Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

That is strange behavior. I am curious if when you were on amazon the session got disconnected somehow and did not warn you? 

Auto-keyboard activate is disabled by default now, so if you would like, you can go into PocketCloud settings and turn auto-keyboard on. I am curious if that would have any impact?

No. That does't seem to change anything after the ability to input stops. There doesn't seem to be any pattern of what or when. It's working and then it's not. 

I did go back and try to change various settings for various configurations but none of it seems to matter after I loose input control. I can't scroll. All I can do is move the window around.

I'm not sure but I seem to have lost the ability to connect to a remote PC outside the perimeter. I know my port forwarding and AV pinhole is set correctly. Strange. Not sure what to do.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
3 Zinc

redeydog, what version of Windows are you connecting to (XP, 7, 8, etc)? Also what edition (Home, Professional, Ultimate, etc)?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
redeyedog
1 Nickel

Win8 Pro 64 bit. Sorry I haven't been around. I just tried again and the mouse and zoom worked great but still getting those "bbbbbbbb" characters in input fields and text files.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
3 Zinc

Is the "bbbbbbbbbb" behavior happening in a specific application?

Josh Maurer

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
redeyedog
1 Nickel

Not that I can tell. It happens in any field which is editable. For me, I con confirm Outlook 13, any open text file and input fields in Chrome. That's where I usually am. It seems like any place editable. I prefer to use my S Pen and I believe it has something to do with it. I have turned off air view and anything that would detect my S Pen. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
3 Zinc

I have not been able to reproduce the behavior using our latest internal version as well as our market version. What connection type are you using (VNC or RDP)? Also what computer are you connecting to (Mac or Windows PC) and what version of the operating system is it running (Lion, XP, Vista, 7, 😎 and what version (Home, Ultimate, etc.)? And you are using a manual connection correct?

Josh Maurer

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
redeyedog
1 Nickel

Windows 8 Pro PC, RDP default 3389 (would like to change ports but I'm stuck in testing mode), always manual connection.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
3 Zinc

Unfortunately I have still been unable to reproduce the repeating key issue on 1.3.226 as well as our latest internal version (Tested with a manual and auto-discovered connections to Windows 8 Professional, used Google Chrome, and the mail application - we do not have Outlook 2012 available). Still no luck.

What firmware is installed on your device? The Galaxy Note II we have is using Android 4.1.2.

Josh Maurer

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
redeyedog
1 Nickel

I'm using 4.2.2 but was using 4.1.2 previously. I'm currently using a remote desktop app from one of your competitors which does not have any of these issues BUT they don't have the mouse cluster or ability to zoom in or out like yours. Otherwise, the competitor app is flawless using manual connections with the same hardware/software.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
3 Zinc

Was the issue not present on 4.1.2 and then started again when you updated to 4.2.2?

Josh Maurer

Tags (1)
0 Kudos