Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M2

July 29th, 2015 00:00

No mouse with Galaxy Note 2

No mouse with Galaxy Note 2

l have used pocket cloud OK on an HTC Desire to run RDP Session. With Samsung Galaxy Nole 2 l can log k but can not interact via the keyboard or mouse In any way to control the remote PC.l Am using v4.1.1 of Android on my device

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 04:00

Unfortunately I have still been unable to reproduce the repeating key issue on 1.3.226 as well as our latest internal version (Tested with a manual and auto-discovered connections to Windows 8 Professional, used Google Chrome, and the mail application - we do not have Outlook 2012 available). Still no luck.

What firmware is installed on your device? The Galaxy Note II we have is using Android 4.1.2.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

Was the issue not present on 4.1.2 and then started again when you updated to 4.2.2?

Josh Maurer

14 Posts

Not that I can tell. It happens in any field which is editable. For me, I con confirm Outlook 13, any open text file and input fields in Chrome. That's where I usually am. It seems like any place editable. I prefer to use my S Pen and I believe it has something to do with it. I have turned off air view and anything that would detect my S Pen. Thanks.

14 Posts

I'm using 4.2.2 but was using 4.1.2 previously. I'm currently using a remote desktop app from one of your competitors which does not have any of these issues BUT they don't have the mouse cluster or ability to zoom in or out like yours. Otherwise, the competitor app is flawless using manual connections with the same hardware/software.

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 05:00

Our apologies for the issue continuing for you. I have attempted to reproduce the issue using the scenarios you described and unfortunately I have been unable to reproduce them in our environment. I have been told by our engineers that our application only supports standard (OEM) versions of the Android firmware, so if there are any custom roms installed on a device, we technically do not support it.

I am curious if you were to install the latest standard firmware on the device, if it would still have the issue?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Did you do a custom installation of Android 4.2.2? It looks as though it is not officially available for the Galaxy Note 2 as of right now. That could be where the issue is because of it being a custom installation, the firmware you are using is not designed for that specific device.

Josh Maurer

14 Posts

I updated to 1.3.232 today and gave it a whirl on my note II. I do mess around with the firmware and just about everything else but that doesn't seem to affect my other remote desktop client. In this case, my navigation, selection and options all were working very well today using Pocket cloud.

I noticed that although I have turned off every possible "pen detection" feature on my Note II, hovering over an email does some sort of "pre-selection-(light blue)" and when touched with my pointer turned dark blue.

The selected email stays dark blue and as I hover my pointer above "anything selectable," it would change light blue as I pass by. I really like that! The touch pointer worked correctly throughout the entire session. But then, the dreaded "bbbbbbb" showed up when trying to login on New egg.

The characters populate the editable field whenever hovering over the fields with the pen. The problem does not occur using my finger to type. It's something to do with the Note II pen.

14 Posts

Bummer. Stock firmware is so boring...

1.3K Posts

Did you do a custom installation of 4.2.2 on your device? It looks as though it is not available for the Galaxy Note 2.

Josh Maurer

14 Posts

It would be really disappointing if you do not support the galaxy note II. This is a great idea but what is so different about the Note II?

14 Posts

no. It was a problem from the start. It has intermittently worked but then for no apparent reason just stops working right.

1.3K Posts

I know... I know... =]

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Josh Maurer

No Events found!