Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

RE: No mouse with Galaxy Note 2

Did you do a custom installation of 4.2.2 on your device? It looks as though it is not available for the Galaxy Note 2.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
redeyedog
1 Copper

no. It was a problem from the start. It has intermittently worked but then for no apparent reason just stops working right.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
redeyedog
1 Copper

It would be really disappointing if you do not support the galaxy note II. This is a great idea but what is so different about the Note II?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

Did you do a custom installation of Android 4.2.2? It looks as though it is not officially available for the Galaxy Note 2 as of right now. That could be where the issue is because of it being a custom installation, the firmware you are using is not designed for that specific device.

Josh Maurer

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
redeyedog
1 Copper

I updated to 1.3.232 today and gave it a whirl on my note II. I do mess around with the firmware and just about everything else but that doesn't seem to affect my other remote desktop client. In this case, my navigation, selection and options all were working very well today using Pocket cloud.

I noticed that although I have turned off every possible "pen detection" feature on my Note II, hovering over an email does some sort of "pre-selection-(light blue)" and when touched with my pointer turned dark blue.

The selected email stays dark blue and as I hover my pointer above "anything selectable," it would change light blue as I pass by. I really like that! The touch pointer worked correctly throughout the entire session. But then, the dreaded "bbbbbbb" showed up when trying to login on New egg.

The characters populate the editable field whenever hovering over the fields with the pen. The problem does not occur using my finger to type. It's something to do with the Note II pen.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

Our apologies for the issue continuing for you. I have attempted to reproduce the issue using the scenarios you described and unfortunately I have been unable to reproduce them in our environment. I have been told by our engineers that our application only supports standard (OEM) versions of the Android firmware, so if there are any custom roms installed on a device, we technically do not support it.

I am curious if you were to install the latest standard firmware on the device, if it would still have the issue?

Josh Maurer

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
redeyedog
1 Copper

Bummer. Stock firmware is so boring...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium