John-in-VA
6 Indium

RE: No special characters on Galaxy Note 2

Why does it work fine in the iPhone version?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John-in-VA
6 Indium

And how do I type periods, commas or any other character not a shifted 0-9?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John-in-VA
6 Indium

Capitals letters don't work either unless I use the shift key on the function key menu.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
LeeL-2015
1 Nickel

Josh,

I'm having the same problem on my Transformer Prime TF201. I've been using PocketCloud for several months and I have had no problems entering the special characters in the emulator screen until a couple weeks ago. I have tried with the attached keyboard using the shift and number keys and using the touchscreen keyboard. Neither will work now yet they worked just fine a few weeks ago. This occurs only when I am trying to enter them in the emulator. They work fine in all other entries.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Our apologies for the inconvenience. I have filed a bug for the issues you guys are seeing (PCANDROID-1041). Our last release had a major refactor of our keyboard code to better support new devices and unfortunately it seems as though this broke some keyboard functionality on some less common server configurations like yours. 

LeeL, when did you update our application last? Did you do any device firmware updates or change what keyboard you are using?

As for this functionality working on the iOS version of our application, this is because keyboard events are different between the two operating systems.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
LeeL-2015
1 Nickel

I am not sure when I updated PocketCloud, whenever the last update was pushed to Android tablets. I ususally update when I see one pending. My last firmware update was probably about 3 months ago. The keyboard is the same one I bought when I bought the tablet.

Thanks for your help with this

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John-in-VA
6 Indium

LeeL, thanks for your post! It reminded me that last August I borrowed my daughter's Transformer when I went out of town. I installed the free PocketCloud and don't remember having any problems. I took it specifically to test out the Android versions of apps that I use on my iPhone to see if I could replace my iPhone with an Android phone. The testing I did played a big part in my decision to go with the Galaxy Note 2 and not an iPad. I'm sure that I would have remembered having the keyboard problems that we're having now.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John-in-VA
6 Indium

Josh,

Any update on this? Let me know when you are ready to try another test and I will open up my test system again.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Thanks for your help on this jmcdill. Unfortunately I do not have any updates as of right now. I will let you know as soon as we have any or if we need access to your test environment again for testing.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John-in-VA
6 Indium

Josh, would it be possible to get an older realease (before the keyboard code got broke!) to install and test?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos