Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

July 29th, 2015 05:00

Pocket Companion Windows 7 Login problems

Pocket Companion Windows 7 Login problems

Hi I've been testing the Pocket cloud trail version with Windows Vista & have now switched to Windows 7. When try to log in to Windows 7 from my Android phone, I'm presented with the Windows 7 log in screen. Upon log in, Pocket Cloud will then log my pc out in order to log in via my Android phone. Where as with Vista I was able to log in to my desktop from my Android phone without Pocket cloud logging off the PC first. Is it possible to achieve the same kind of connection I used with Vista in the Windows 7 version of Pocket Companion?

Tia

1.3K Posts

July 29th, 2015 06:00

What version of Windows 7 are you using (Home, Professional, Ultimate)? What version of Vista were you using before upgrading? Home versions of Windows only allow VNC connections and Professional+ versions allow RDP and VNC.

Depending on the version you were using before, it sounds like you were using a VNC connection (will not log you out when connecting remotely). And now, it sounds like you are connecting via RDP instead of VNC. RDP connections will log the PC out when a remote device connects. Since you can connect via RDP, this means you should also have the ability to connect with VNC, but you will need to install a VNC application. Here is a link to download the same application we use for VNC connections:

http://www.tightvnc.com/download/2.0....0.4-setup.exe

After installing this, check and see if a VNC connection shows up on your connection list in PocketCloud. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!