Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 21:00

RD Gateway - Sits on Connecting

RD Gateway - Sits on Connecting

Hello there,

I just purchased PocketCloud Pro, and am trying to connect to our RD Server (2008 R2) using an RD Gateway. When I plug all the settings in and click connect PocketCloud just sits and spins on "Connecting" forever... nothing ever happens.

I have played around a bit to try and generate some errors, and it looks like the problem occurs after authentication to the RD Gateway. This is because if I intentionally type my Domain password wrong, PocketCloud will keep asking for credentials. As soon as I enter them correctly .. it just spins .. never to actually connect me to my remote desktop.

Now, if I disable RD Gateway .. everything works fine (GREAT software by the way). That however, will only get me by for a few more days until we disable all direct access from the internet via port 3389.

Any help would be appreciated, I would love to continue using PocketCloud as I feel it's far superior to anything else out there at the moment.

I don't see any version number anywhere to give you, but I just downloaded it from the Android Marketplace tonight (12/08/11).

Thanks -> Also, we have about 20 tablets at our company that would all purchase this software if we get this working .. just a little motivation 

August 11th, 2015 23:00

Just to add I have just bought it - and am experiencing exactly the same symptoms. Again trial version of "Xtralogic Remote Desktop Client" works fine.

The only additional information I can add is that looking on the gateway server I can see that in the event log a connection is established, but in the gateway manager a session is never established. So it looks as if authentication against the gateway server is OK (also shown by entering incorrect credentials which prompt you for correct credentials quickly) but the connection onto the destination machine never gets established.

Any idea when the next releas of teh Pro version will be ?

Thanks

1.3K Posts

Robcnl, sorry for the inconvenience. Please send me your credentials in a PM so we can try to reproduce the issue in house.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

8 Posts

same problem

I have same problem
Trying to connect throw two diffrent RD Gateway to two diffrent network.

Still gateway issues with latest version..

I've just upgraded to the latest version and am very disappointed to find that I am having exactly the same RDP problems connecting through a gateway as before.

Details as above - but I'm just connecting to a standard server 2008 gateway server - I can't imagine a much more straight forward setup.

Any ideas ? Or info on what was actually fixed ?

Thanks

1.3K Posts

That is interesting. I am able to connect with a IP address or the server name. I let our team know about what you are experiencing and I will let you know if they need any further information from you.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

JamesP, thanks for the additional information. The next pro version is currently in text and we are expecting to have it released in the next couple weeks.

Any news on when a fix is going to be released ?

Hi,
Any idea when this might be fixed - I can't connect to any site using a gateway - which makes it pretty useless to me.

You suggested a couple of weeks a while ago now - I know we've had Christmas etc in between but I'd appreciate an update

Thanks

1.3K Posts

If you are willing to send us your credentials in a PM, we can attempt to re-create the issue in house to hopefully figure out what is happening.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

I am waiting on some feedback from the product team still. 

Quote Originally Posted by wpatterson82 View Post
Great thank you .. I can provide a login for you if needed... I would love to get this working properly.

If you would like to, you can send the connection information to me in a Private Message and I can do some testing in the meantime to see if I can get connected.

Hi Josh,

Our posts crossed. My issue seemed to be that for "Host Address" I was using an local IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.123) rather than the machine name (e.g. MyTestServer). If I use MyTestServer it seems to connect OK.
No idea why this should cause the difference - I would expect your software just to pass that to my gateway which will work with either?

Another more minor issue is that I seem to be being told I have invalid credentials each time, forcing me to retype the password (no bad thing I guess) - but I seem to be just retyping whats already entered.
Maybe I'll try deleting the whold connection and creating afresh.

Anyway - apart from above niggles - which I can work round - it is now connecting - which is great thanks

1 Message

Josh, (wpatterson82),

Did you guys solve this allready because I have got the exact same issue on our w2k8 TS. 
The server is available and can be connected with Windows' rdp client but not with the pocketcloud app(v1.2.280) on both samsung SII and Tab 10.1 (P7500).
I agree with wpatterson82 that it must be something with the RD gateway because it only passes if I type the actual domain credentials.
I can supply credentials for our environment if you need it?
Regards

Robcnl

1.3K Posts

Progress is being made, fix is in and currently in test. The fix should be in the next release of the Pro application.

1.3K Posts

August 12th, 2015 00:00

Got the private message. I have forwarded the server information to our engineers for further diagnosis.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Does your remote server have NLA enabled? If so, try toggling the option under the connection settings.

Josh Maurer

8 Posts

Have you any results?

No Events found!