DanoH5656
6 Indium

RE: RD Gateway - Sits on Connecting

WP, what happens when you try to connect to your RD gateway from the tablet browser? Just out of curiosity.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Replied to your ticket via email. Thanks for the additional information.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Progress is being made, fix is in and currently in test. The fix should be in the next release of the Pro application.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JamesP-2015
1 Nickel

Just to add I have just bought it - and am experiencing exactly the same symptoms. Again trial version of "Xtralogic Remote Desktop Client" works fine.

The only additional information I can add is that looking on the gateway server I can see that in the event log a connection is established, but in the gateway manager a session is never established. So it looks as if authentication against the gateway server is OK (also shown by entering incorrect credentials which prompt you for correct credentials quickly) but the connection onto the destination machine never gets established.

Any idea when the next releas of teh Pro version will be ?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

JamesP, thanks for the additional information. The next pro version is currently in text and we are expecting to have it released in the next couple weeks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JamesP-2015
1 Nickel

Any news on when a fix is going to be released ?

Hi,
Any idea when this might be fixed - I can't connect to any site using a gateway - which makes it pretty useless to me.

You suggested a couple of weeks a while ago now - I know we've had Christmas etc in between but I'd appreciate an update

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Sorry for the inconvenience and I assure you we are working hard to get the next version out. We were planning on having it out by now, but with the holidays it has been delayed a bit. I am hoping in the next week it will be available.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JamesP-2015
1 Nickel

Still gateway issues with latest version..

I've just upgraded to the latest version and am very disappointed to find that I am having exactly the same RDP problems connecting through a gateway as before.

Details as above - but I'm just connecting to a standard server 2008 gateway server - I can't imagine a much more straight forward setup.

Any ideas ? Or info on what was actually fixed ?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Really sorry you are still having trouble with RD Gateway. Would you be able to set up a test account for me on your server and PM me the details so we can try to connect? Please let me know.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JamesP-2015
1 Nickel

OK - I can now connect - for anyone else who has the same problem - it appears that the machine that you are connecting to (the machine on the internal LAN - not the gateway public address) MUST be a machine name, NOT an IP address.
A normal RDP connection using a gateway from a desktop machine works with either - and I had IP addresses in.
However I can use machine names - and now it seems to work - so I'm happy 🙂

Would be good to get your devs to look at why it won't take an IP address though as I expect I won't be th only one caught like this

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos