Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 31st, 2015 03:00

RDP on Motorola Xoom

RDP on Motorola Xoom

I've tried the Android app on my Xoom, and it's nearly perfect. Except there seems to be a fixed & limited set on available resolutions.
The Xoom is 1280×800, is there a way of adding this resolution to my available resolutions?

11 Posts

July 31st, 2015 03:00

If you want the RDP window to be displayed 1:1 without needing to pan, you need to use the Automatic resolution. Honeycomb's system bar cannot be hidden (and it should not be, as it is where the system soft buttons reside) so a 1280x800 window would not fit on screen.

925 Posts

August 4th, 2015 01:00

Tap and hold your connection
click on edit
choose auto resolution from the dropdown for Resoultion.(topmost) 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

August 4th, 2015 01:00

Where is the automatic resolution setting? Thereseems to be a fixed & limited set of 4 available resolutions.

500 Posts

August 4th, 2015 02:00

SolarCoaster,

You are using FREE version of PocketCloud. There is no Auto Resolution option. It is only for PAID App

August 4th, 2015 02:00

Is there a trial for the paid version?
Maybe that's what I need.

925 Posts

August 10th, 2015 00:00

Our pleasure cwizard. Always, Looking forward to help you! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Quote Originally Posted by SolarCoaster View Post

Is there a trial for the paid version?
Maybe that's what I need. 

I bought the pro version and can tell you that is worth every penny spent. Excellent support for honeycomb.

I have PocketCloud Pro and after the last update it got a LOT better.

But there is still a significant lag for information coming from the computer to my Xoom.

It seems if I tap the Xoom == say playing poker and the cards pop up on my desktop it takes a second and a half or so before they appear on the Xoom.
But the tap on the Xoom to do something seems to get to the Xoom nice and quick. It's only info coming from the computer to the Xoom that has the delay.

I have Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium so i have to use the VNC client.

I'm wondering if RDP would be faster.
Is it worth it to upgrade my Windows?

925 Posts

Hi solar, you need to buy it. It is called pocketcloud pro. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

August 10th, 2015 01:00

No, I was asking if I needed a special video card to record tv with the upgraded Windows. Found out from the Windows site that I would. So I am checking into which ones I might like and would work with my cable company.
Don't know yet if I will do it or not.

925 Posts

HI Arizona, If you want to use the media center you will need rdp. We dont support sound in vnc as of now. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Willie you will need a separate tv tuner device for recording tv. As for what you want to accomplish please look for my thread about world of warcraft on the moto forum as i do not want to get into competing products here

That's $80 bucks to upgrade!! I see it has some kind of Media Center to record and watch tv. Do you have to have a special video card for that or just the same cable you use to connect to the internet? Might buy it then, but I don't know about 80 bucks just to use the Xoom to run the pc faster once in awhile.

500 Posts

Arizona,

RDP is always faster then VNC. So please update Windows Home to Windows PRO version if you wish. Then you will use RDP to connect to your PC.

925 Posts

Thank you cwizard for helping us! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!