Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2015 22:00

RDS remoteApp via pocketcloud?

RDS remoteApp via pocketcloud?

I want to be able to run a Windows app I have published via RDS on my Android tablet. I run this over the Internet on Windows computers, and now I am trying to get this to work using PocketCloud. I am able to establish a Remote Desktop connection to the 2008 R2 server but cannot figure out how to directly run the remoteApp.

544 Posts

July 28th, 2015 22:00

You will need to create an RDP file and set the "alternate shell" key.

See this guide: http://wysetechnologyinc.zendesk.com...ys-url-schemes 

August 5th, 2015 20:00

How do I open a .rdp file with PocketCloud

I understand that PocketCloud supports the RDP Keys listed in the link you provided, however, I don't understand how to make these modifications to the connection I setup in PocketCloud. If i need to setup an RDP connection file in windows and open it on my Android Phone using PocketCloud - I still don't understand how to open an rdp file with PocketCloud.

The ability to use RemoteApps on Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (terminal services) is a feature begged for time and time again. A more concise guide to doing so would likely earn PocketCloud more sales! It's certainly not a stretch to think so.

I'm using PocketCloud 1.2.287 on my Droid Razr Maxx Android OS Phone.

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 03:00

You can upload the file somewhere and then open it on your Android device. When you open it on your device with PocketCloud installed, it will recognize the file and open it in PocketCloud. Please let me know if this does not help. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

544 Posts

August 11th, 2015 04:00

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBulloch View Post

Hi Josh et al

Has there been any updates about RemoteApp working with a future version of PocketCloud? We have multiple clients waiting on both an iOS and Android platform for this feature and the custom "alt shell" process of creating the RDP doesn't work for me on an iPad no matter how hard I try.

Cheers 

Can you send us your RDP file? That should be working.

2 Posts

RemoteApp on iPad

Do you have instructions on how to configure this on an iPad? I purchased the PocketCloud Pro app however that option is not available on the connection configuration settings. 

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Can you send us your RDP file? That should be working.

2 Posts

Smile Figured it out.

I know this is the Android forum, no need to flame me for mislocation. I performed this on my iPad, but the concept should be the same for Android.

So, I think that Wyse should make some of these options available in an advanced tab, instead of using the pocketcloud:// method to access a custom RDP file.

With that stated, I uploaded the custom .rdp file to an open location on my web server, added a link on the SBS portal with a prefix of pocketcloud:// (e.g. pocketcloud://www.mydomain.com/files/remtoeapp.rdp) and have users click on that link to use RemoteApp custom rdp config. I had to disable NLA on the server as I was only getting a black screen when connecting through PocketCloud Pro.

This is the contents of the .rdp file:

full address:s:192.168.0.10
server port:i:3389
domain:s OMAINNAME
alternate shell:s:C:\Application Path\Application.exe
connectionbname:s:APPNAME
session bpp:i:16

Lastly, unless you have your rdp externally facing, this would require a VPN connection on the tablet prior to accessing the custom rdp.

***EDIT*** the Smiley is a : and a D together... stupid emoticons.

1 Message

Hi Josh et al

Has there been any updates about RemoteApp working with a future version of PocketCloud? We have multiple clients waiting on both an iOS and Android platform for this feature and the custom "alt shell" process of creating the RDP doesn't work for me on an iPad no matter how hard I try.

Cheers

No Events found!