Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

August 5th, 2015 22:00

Random disconnects: PocketCloud 1.1.108 and Companion 2.1.11/XP Pro

Random disconnects: PocketCloud 1.1.108 and Companion 2.1.11/XP Pro

I have installed the free PocketCloud 1.1.108 client on my HTC EVO 4G (Sprint) and the Companion v.2.1.11 on my Win XP Pro machine. I use the Gmail login feature instead of manual configuration and am generally able to start a remote desktop session and work on the remote machine for a little while. I let both programs configure their respective machines. As far as I know, both are the most current versions.

Unfortunately, I always get disconnected randomly. This typically happens within 2 minutes but sometimes I can eke out 5 or 6 minutes before I get "Session Disconnected."

I am using the Windows Firewall on the XP box and Avast free antivirus. This problem has occurred with the XP box connected directly to my cable modem as well as wired and wirelessly through a Netgear WRG614v6 and a D-Link DIR-628 router. It also happens with the EVO in 3G and WiFi modes. I can't identify anything specific that I do to cause the disconnect.

I've looked through the Forums and the Knowledge Base with no results yet.

Advice and/or pointers appreciated.

3 Posts

August 5th, 2015 22:00

similar problem here, any idea ?

1.3K Posts

August 12th, 2015 01:00

If you are still using these versions, they are VERY out of date. You need to update to the latest versions of PocketCloud from the Google Play store as well as download and install the latest version of the companion software here:

https://appservices.wyse.com/pages/s...20Downloads%29 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!