This issue normally happen when pocket cloud companion is not updating the server status to the device. To troubleshoot this issue can you please do the following in order.
1. Restart VNC server first.
2. Then restart the PocketCloud Companion. You can exit pocketcloud companion from tray and launch it from Start Menu.
Thanks for your offer of assistance, but following your instructions didn't allow me to connect. I still recevie the same message. I have run the PocketCloud diagnostic, and everything is fine...but i still can't connect.
What next, i wonder? Look slike I wasted my money. 😞
We are sorry that you are having trouble in connecting. We would like to resolve your issue, so expecting some more support from you.
Can you please do the below test . This may give us more insight to your problem.
1. Can you delete the computer name from your device. You can do this by doing following
a. Tap and Hold the computer name on your device for 3 second.
b. A menu will come with connect, edit and delete.
c. Tap delete.
2. Now re-login to the gmail from settings page.
3. This should bring back the devices in your connections page. Please note the state of the icons, whether it is grayed or not?
4. If it is grayed, you will get the same error message. else you should able to connect.
Yes...loopback was enebled in UltraVNC...however, everythying is OK after switching to TightVNC! Thanks for the tip!
I reached my Windows 7 desktop from my Droid using the PocketCloud/TightVNC combo on the FIRST try, and have connected several times since! I even used PocketCloud to copy a file from a folder on my Windows machine to my DropBox folder so that I could access it from my Droid.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!
Windows Home Premium Editions (any Windows version) do not include the Remote Desktop capabilities. You will need to install a VNC client in order to connect to the PC using pockect cloud. Please go to www.wyse.com/manuals and search for "pocketcloud reference" and review the users guide for VNC server recommendations and specific setup instructions.
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums