This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2015 02:00

Remote machine Unavailable

Remote machine Unavailable

Mobile Phone == HTC desire, Android2.2
Pc Windows 7 Ultimate
PocketClould Companion 2.03

Hi,
I purchased your app last night from the Android market, Installed the companion software on my PC, ran auto discovery on my phone, and connected to my PC first time .

Problem:

I re tried this morning, the computer was powered up, but asleep. I could not connect. No problem I "woke" the Pc, and retried. I still get this error message

"Remote Machine Unavailable

The remote machine you aretrying to connect to is offline and unavailable"

Ok Now I now I cant connect whilst my machine is asleep, but How do I connect when its awake, and rid myself of this error message

Many thanks

Sean

925 Posts

August 11th, 2015 10:00

Hi, Above note is for one of the customers in this thread.

Wyse PocketCloud Teamm

145 Posts

I hope your loopback connections is enabled.
Is it possible for you try TightVNC(download from www.tightvnc.com) or any other VNC, so that we can isolate whether it is a vnc or pocketcloud issue.

3 Posts

I have a different problem. My computer shows up as offline, but I know it is online because I am using it, but my auto discovery settings show "status offline". I don't have problems when I connect using my work wifi, (which is on the same network as the computer I'm trying to connect to). When I go home and connect to my home wifi, this happens. Additionally, I have set the power to remain on, and I've actually set up a RDC via another laptop which is working. I just can't get my IPAD 1 to work. My pocket cloud version is 2.1.235, on my PC I downloaded the most recent version from the web less than 7 days ago. Any advice? My PC is running windows 7.
Thanks

Tim

623 Posts

Windows Home Premium Editions (any Windows version) do not include the Remote Desktop capabilities. You will need to install a VNC client in order to connect to the PC using pockect cloud. Please go to www.wyse.com/manuals and search for "pocketcloud reference" and review the users guide for VNC server recommendations and specific setup instructions.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just installed the newest version of PocketCloud and TightVNC. Windows XP Home SP3. I can login once from my phone then when I disconnect and close the app I cannot reconnect "remote machine offline" message.

500 Posts

Hi,

There is an option in PocketCloud Windows Companion "Start during windows logon". Please make sure this check box is selected.
Steps:
Right Click on Win Companion icon > Preferences > Under General Tab select check "Start during windows logon" box. 
Now every time you turn your PC On it will sign automatically.
In case you still see you PC offline, just re-login into windows companion on PC.

Regards

5 Posts

Unfortunately I agree with you. There is NO support from these people and when you can get a response (good luck) it's in gibberish. I'm so freaking frustrated with this system not working as advertised. Just tell me how to fix the problem!

925 Posts

Hi Omar ,which vnc server has been installed on your computer? Can you try tightvnc with loopback connection enabled?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

500 Posts

Hi you need to set your PC so it will be always ON.

Start > Control Panel > Power Options > Change to NEVER in "Put your computer to sleep"

925 Posts

1)Please install tightvnc on your remote desktop.
Details on vnc setup is here: http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...-i-get-it-from

2)Please use autoconnection, you dont need to connect manually. This requires windows companion installed.
3)Install windows companion from the website, located here.
http://www.wyse.com/products/softwar...roid/index.asp
4)login to google service on your desktop.
5)Now login on you device app.
6)your computer should be listed.

Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sarun View Post
Can you please do the below test .

Had the same problem as above, latest version as by 2011-04-16 (April, 16th)

Did those steps and success!!

But I don't know how long.

bw, OmarKN

When is the next release? This issue is ridiculous. What is the point of trying to access my desktop remotely if I have to go home and wake up my pc first???? Thats ridiculous. Of course my pc is going to be asleep. I'M NOT HOME!!!!!!! THAT'S WHY ITS CALLED REMOTE!!!! Why would you get any of my dollars to upgrade to the paid version if you can't even get the free version to work right?

925 Posts

HI Mjwest, It is unfortunately windows home edition limitation . we can connect only using vnc or using autoconnection. I am glad tightvnc worked for you.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!