Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2015 23:00

Samsung Galaxy Tab-Problems Setting up VDI

Samsung Galaxy Tab-Problems Setting up VDI

When I go to set up a new connection that is VDI, I can put in my information all the way down until I have to select a desktop. The second I hit the drop-down for this, the application crashes and closes. I can select the domain no problem. I was even able to get an enumerated list of desktops ONCE, but it crashed right after selection. 

Any ideas on this?

RDP works great with no issues.

VDI works fine on my account from thin client and iPhone.

200 Posts

August 7th, 2015 02:00

We are going to be releasing an update later this week, hopefully this will resolve your issues. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

August 7th, 2015 03:00

Update done, but still have problems...

I now get a list of desktops to show up, but none of my Windows 7 desktops show up.

200 Posts

Could you provide us more details on your environment?
-Version of VMware View
-Tunneling On/Off
-SSL On/Off
-Connecting over 3G or WiFi
-Using RSA?

Thanks 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

4.5, no tunneling, no SSL, same behavior over both SSL and WIFI. Cisco IPSEC VPN to my internal network. Works perfectly over my iPad and iPhone using your client.

Also wanted to add that the desktops that do show up can not be connected to. Times out.

200 Posts

It's very strange that you would get a partial list of desktops, we haven't been able to reproduce this. Is it possible to test this without the Cisco VPN component (e.g. from inside the same network)? We'll continue trying on our end. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

August 7th, 2015 04:00

Any ETA on the next release? I am evaluating several tablets and Android is a no-go without this working...

544 Posts

How many VMware Desktops do you have? Is the screen below what you are referring to?

Anyone? Bueller?

More testing...still no connection...

Okay, I have done a lot of testing and here are the results...

1. If I remove my rights to other desktops, more of the available desktops appear. No other change except to remove myself from rights. I only had to remove myself from one of the listed desktops and a total of 5 started to display.
2. Any selection of any desktop results in a 'connecting' dialog box that never goes away. It never connects. I have included an image. 
3. I have tested without VPN inside our network with the same result.

http://picasaweb.google.com/fixitste...eat=directlink

544 Posts

There's currently a bug where VMware View pools that have display names will not appear on the list. We are doing a lot of cleanup with the VMware View code right now. The next release should incorporate these fixes.

Thanks,

Chris

We have 12, but I do not have rights to all of them. I have rights to about 7 pools. Some persistent pools, some not. Yes, this is one of the screens that I am referring to. When I remove my rights to one of the pools, I get another pool to show up. I could deal with this bug if any of the pools would connect. "Loading Connection...Please Wait" is the result of trying to connect to any pool.

No Events found!