Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 02:00

Since there's not PocketCloud companion forum.....

Since there's not PocketCloud companion forum.....

I have a few problems with PCC.

The first is a potential security issue I'd like WYSE to address. Stopping PocketCloud companion (right click PCC icon in the tray click exit) on a PC does not keep clients from connecting. Why is that? How do I shut off the ability for people to connect entirely?

Secondly, if I attach to my network over VPN, and then through the Windows RDC client, and stop PCC the way I described above, the WYSEBrowser process launches a webpage, non stop until I kill the WYSEBrowser process and it's subproccesses.

Last is the PocketCloud app for Android itself. When I right click using my Asus transformer keyboard dock, the application wants to disconnect, rather than pass right-click to the desktop. Can this be modified, or an option added in the settings so that hardware right click, if available, passes right-click to the desktop? I think very few people actually want to use mouse right-click to exit/disconnect.

500 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 22:00

1. You can signout from Tray Icon, then Disable "Start during Windows Logon" check box in Tray Icon->Preferences page. This will stop pocketcloud companion from connecting.

2. Please let us know which webpage it is launching?

Thank you

500 Posts

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I will forward this issue with WyseBrowser to our developers.

In order to prevent users from connecting you have to sign out from gmail Windows Companion account first. Then you wont be able to connect.
Right Click using hardware key is not supported yet. Please use virtual keyboard (Touch Pointer) to use right click.

Thank you

1 Message

Why doesn’t the right click exit stop the windows companion?

The install of windows companion was a total mess. After twenty minutes, I rebooted my windows XP. When the system came up the companion was running. I entered the Gmail information and ran the diagnostic without incident. I then installed the Android Pocket Cloud app leaving out the host user name and password to afford some remote security. After supplying the IP address and Gmail name and password everything worked perfectly surprising so. I read documents viewed images and videos etc.

The Problem: I expected that when I right clicked on the Windows companion, on the task bar my host system would no longer support a remote connection. My host accepts connections whether the app is on or closed from the task bar. When you start the companion from the program command or click on the task bar icon the Gmail information is missing.

This was reported over in January 2012 I would think by now such a serious problem would be resolved. 
=================================================

PocketCloud Windows Companion Version : 2.5.13
PocketCloud Windows Companion Unique Id : 
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
RDP Supported: Yes (listening on port 3389)
VNC Supported: Yes (listening on port 28790
The IP address(es) of your computer are listed below:
xxx.xxx.x.x
List of softwares installed on your computer are listed below:
Octoshape Streaming Services
Adobe AIR
Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin
Times Reader
Creative Software AutoUpdate
Express Zip
Free Easy Burner V 5.1
HP Imaging Device Functions 6.0
HP Solution Center and Imaging Support Tools 6.0
PhotoImpact X3
Samsung Kies

All Security Update for Windows XP -sp3 installed
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Mozilla Firefox 19.0 (x86 en-US)
Mozilla Maintenance Service
Mp3tag v2.52
Norton AntiVirus
NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager
PhotoME
SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder
Topaz Adjust 4
Topaz Clean 3
Topaz DeJpeg 4
Topaz DeNoise 5
Topaz Detail 2
Topaz Fusion Express 2
Topaz ReMask 2
Topaz Simplify 3
WavePad Sound Editor
Microsoft Kernel-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.7
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Windows XP Service Pack 3
Microsoft WinUsb 1.0
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
ZoneAlarm LTD Toolbar
ZoneAlarm Security Toolbar 
VC 9.0 Runtime
Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant - Samsung(ar)
TrayApp
Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906)
hpf_ProductContext
ZoneAlarm Firewall
Readme
PhotoImpact X3
Status
Destinations
Java 7 Update 15
ZoneAlarm Security
HP Update
Unload
WebFldrs XP
HP Product Assistant
Corel MediaOne
BufferChm
Java Auto Updater
SolutionCenter
FreeRIP 3.92
StreetSmart Edge
neroxml
Google Earth
Adobe AIR
StreetSmart Pro
eSupportQFolder
PowerDVD
Hewlett-Packard ACLM.NET v1.1.0.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
FreeRIP Toolbar v6.9
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Verizon Wireless Software Utility Application for Android - Samsung
Samsung Kies
System Requirements Lab for Intel
Topaz Fusion Express 2
Apple Software Update
HP Deskjet 6900 series
Topaz Clean 3
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)
LP6940_Help
Microsoft Silverlight
Topaz Simplify 3
PocketCloud Windows Companion
LP6940Trb
Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system
Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In
Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161
dj6940
Topaz DeJpeg 4
Topaz DeNoise 5
Topaz Adjust 4
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
HP Product Detection
Times Reader
MailWasherPro
Google Update Helper
DeviceManagementQFolder
Adobe Reader X (10.1.6)
Chinese Simplified Fonts Support For Adobe Reader X
Japanese Fonts Support For Adobe Reader X
QuickTime
NVIDIA Control Panel 266.58
NVIDIA Graphics Driver 266.58
NVIDIA nView 135.50
NVIDIA Install Application
Topaz ReMask 2
Creative MediaSource 5
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
Topaz Detail 2
Marvell Miniport Driver
dj_taplugin
LightScribe System Software 1.10.13.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB2604111)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB2657424)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB2736416)
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB953595)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB963707)
SAMSUNG USB Driver for Mobile Phones
HP Photosmart Essential
HPProductAssistant
Adobe Download Manager
WebReg
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
Apple Application Support
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688)

1.3K Posts

The problem you are experiencing is that you installed the companion software, but then you set up a manual connection rather than using a auto-discovered connection within PocketCloud. If you sign into the app using your gmail credentials (either with initial setup of the application or within the Settings screen) you will see a list of connections listed under "Discovered Connections". Those connections would no longer be available when you sign out / stop the companion software on your remote computer.

The problem you are seeing where you can still connect to your remote PC after stopping the companion service is actually as expected. 

Quote Originally Posted by jerryk View Post

After supplying the IP address and Gmail name and password everything worked perfectly surprising so. I read documents viewed images and videos etc.

When you create a connection, enter the IP address, etc. This means you are creating a manual connection that will not utilize the companion software. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

623 Posts

August 7th, 2015 09:00

A little more clarification. 
1 - PocketCloud Auto-discovery will only DISCOVER the computers that share the same Gmail address and have the PocketCloud Companion software installed. It will not automatically connect to them.
2 - To "connect" to your remote computer, you need to enter the username, password and domain credentials. Unless you saved your credential information in the "Connection Settings" or the user knows the credentials, there is no other way to gain access to your computer through PocketCloud.
3 - If you are connecting via VPN, you don't need the Companion software installed on the remote computer. It is not used by PocketCloud since you need to use a Manual Connection for this.
4 - Right-Click>Exit on the Windows Companion will only close the GUI interface to the Windows Companion (WyseBrowser.exe). To stop the services (PocketCloudService.exe and WyseRemoteAccess.exe) you need to go through the Administrator Tools> Component Services to stop and re-start.
5 - You can disable/prevent these services from loading automatically by un-checking the option in the Windows Companion's General Tab "Start during windows logon"

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No Events found!