Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M2

August 10th, 2015 03:00

TS license issue

TS license issue

How do I remove the license key for terminal server on an Android Incredible Froyo 2.2 os.
I know on Windows based machines you remove the registry key MSLICENSING. I am recieving a key will expire in 2 days message.

10 Posts

Thumbs up up Resolved

I think the Admin group had to renew a license on the term server because even after i reinstalled product it did not work. Admin stopped by and said he tried with the free version and it worked fine for him and mine magically worked. Thanks for the support

10 Posts

Server 2003

It is on a Windows Server 2003 r2
x64 standard edition.

This is an a large corporate network network and yes I can connect to this server on all my other PC as well as local terminal. I also can RDP into any other terminal server we have so far.

Key item that I think is causing the issue was the message I received from the terminal server about the license expiring in 2 days. In past posts I explained how we resolve the issue since it is a temp license.
That is why I finally just reset my droid back to factory default last night. I have reinstalled pocketcloud set-up connection and it still is not working. I will have a discussion with our admin group to see what they can look for on the server side.

Thank you for your response

200 Posts

Mark, PocketCloud does not save any license information. I'm asking the dev team about this to see if they have any ideas. I assume you can connect from other clients (e.g. other windows PCs) but you get this error message only from PocketCloud, correct? 
Can you confirm your version of windows (e.g. 2008?) and that Network Layer Authentication is disabled?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

200 Posts

Could you please give us some more info on what you are trying to achieve? I believe PocketCloud is not saving a TS license.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

10 Posts

I get a server disconnect now that the TS license is expired. When you connect to a terminal server there is a license that is saved to the registry on the connecting machine that has to be renewed or deleted for you to continue to connect. On a windows based PC the key is stored under HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/MSlicensing. All you have to do is delete the key and you have another 23 days or whatever the temp license is good for. I was getting the same message via Pocket Cloud when i connected to our terminal server and now i get a disconnect message. I dont know how to view the registry or hive on Froyo 2.2 Android OS.

10 Posts

I still cannot connect to our terminal server via rdp I get a "session disconnected" message. Where on the android is coonection data cached?

10 Posts

The RDP connection to Microsoft Terminal servers is the main reason I purchased this product please help me to not regret being a "Paying Customer"

200 Posts

Thank you for the update. I will keep asking around and will let you know if I come across anything. I really hope we are able to resolve this.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

10 Posts

Could you tell me where the temporary client license is stored on Android 2.2? This is a paid version of pocket cloud not the free version, although not sure if there would be a different location for the files.

No Events found!