Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2015 21:00

Transfer files

Transfer files

I've just installed PocketCloud Companion on a Windows Vista PC and the free version of the Android App on a Samsung 10.1 tablet running v3.2.

Set up was easy via Gmail.

Navigation of the PC is working but I cannot work out how to transfer files from PC to tablet and vice versa.

Searched the knowledgebase and User Guide but nothing jumps out.

Appreciate guidance.

1.3K Posts

Unfortunately the Free version does not have this functionality. The Pro version of the application has "Flash Memory Redirection" that allows you to see your mobile device on your remote PC as a drive.

What you could do is download and install PocketCloud Explore. Explore allows you to do what you are looking for. You can download it from the Play store for free!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ilebrowserfull

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

6 Posts

Looking at PocketCloud Explore looks to be able to transfer files <25Mb I need a Premium subcription which is a per month charge. Could not find this Premiun version in Google Play.
[EDIT] OK, I see how you can subscribe to Premium $7.99 3mth or $23.99 for a yr

If I upgrade to PocketCloud Remote Pro version will I be able transfer unlimited size files for a one time fee?

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 so believe I'm restricted to VNC.

Basically looking for a way to download movies from my home PC to tablet when on the move over WiFi. Don't think will be often away from home and in home cheaper to use a USB.

6 Posts

July 29th, 2015 21:00

Bit confused by the Free version of PocketCloud Explore seemingly limited to transfer files up to 25Mb.

I just downloaded a 232Mb TV program without any issues? 

Is this because was over home network or is that irrellevent (other than how long might take to download)

1.3K Posts

Unfortunately since you are using a Home version of Windows, you are not going to be able to use the Flash Memory Redirection feature because it requires a RDP connection. Home versions of Windows only support VNC connections. As for the extra functionality you are seeing, this is a temporary promotion we are doing for new users. 

Josh Maurer

6 Posts

OK, how long is promotion for. Likely not going to try it out properly until late July.... just testing now to find good soluition. 

Is this something I can subscribe to as needed? i.e. you pay for a month or 3 months then when it expires you go back to restriction untill you pay again?

1.3K Posts

July 31st, 2015 03:00

Not sure when the promotion will be ending yet, but the premium service is something you can subscribe to and when it expires, it goes back to the normal free functionality until you paid again. I would say just keep using it as you are until the promotion ends. =] 

Josh Maurer

No Events found!