Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

August 2nd, 2015 00:00

Unable to Login to gmail account on PC through pocketcloud companion

Unable to Login to gmail account on PC through pocketcloud companion

I have bought the newest version of pocketcloud v 2.1.5. I am trying to connect to my PC running Windows XP. I have set up and can access the gmail account directly on my PC and Droid X. When I try to use the Auto-Discovery, the gmail account log-in fails on the PC.

500 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 00:00

Hi,

1. Are you behind any corporate firewall which allow only http traffic? Each corporate firewall settings is different and you might need to open some other ports for outgoing traffic
2. Can you try pinging to talk.google.com.
3. Also can you restart wyse PocketCloud service

Regards

7 Posts

August 6th, 2015 23:00

I was able to ping talk.google.com. I have restarted, uninstalled, and reinstalled pocketcloud. I am behind a corporate firewall. But I have co-workers who have this application too, and it works fine for them. I can use my login on their PC's and it works. They are running XP or Windows 7 with IE8. I an using IE7.
Thanks.

500 Posts

August 10th, 2015 21:00

Hi,

You said that it works for your co-workers who have this application too. Could you please ask them to try to use their Google account on your PC and device to check if you are able to login?
I think there is something wrong with this specific Google account you are using now.

Let me know

Thanks

500 Posts

Hi,

Could you please try to change your Google account password. And try to login with this new password to Windows Companion on your PC?
let me know it worked

Thanks

1 Message

Similar prolbem here, log-in once but now it won't let me log in again. Windows Vista.

7 Posts

I have read and followed the self help instructions in this forum, but still no log-in.

Same problem

Hello,
I'm experiencing the same problem on my Motorola Xoom. I've tried both my regular gmail account as well as my Google for Applications domain account and both seem to fail logging in. I did have success when I tried connecting the first time on my home network both in logging into my google account as well as remotely accessing my desktop. When trying it at work I have not yet been able to sign in to my google account. Google talk does seem to work from my Xoom.

7 Posts

I upgraded to IE 8 and it did not help.

500 Posts

Thanks for letting us know. We are looking into this issue.

7 Posts

I have uninstalled and re-installed the PC for windows companion. The log-in authentication through Google gmail still fails.

7 Posts

I changed my Gmail password and it did not help. Login failed.

7 Posts

Hello,
Others cannot access their account through the autodiscovery on my PC. My account log-in will work on their PC's. My log-in will work when accessing Gmail directly from the Google page. So I do not think it is the account itself. The gmail account log-in will not work using the pocket companion. Are there Internet or security settings that prevent a connection specific to your application?

No Events found!