Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

July 31st, 2015 01:00

Unable to connect

Question Unable to connect

Hi everyone,

I've been using PocketCloud for a good few months now and everything has been working just fine, but over the last week I've been having trouble connecting to other computers using RDP.

When selecting the connection from the home screen, it sits on 'Connecting...' for a little bit, then says "Connection failed - Could not connect to server". Sometimes it skips the 'Connecting...' screen and goes directly to the 'connection failed' screen.

If I exit out of the application, force-stop it from the Android Applications screen then reopen it again PocketCloud connects just fine.

It's important to note that it seems to be PocketCloud with the issue, not the computers; I've got three computers, all completely separate from each other and this issue started affecting them all at once. All of the connections defined were manually configured by me inside PocketCloud.

I was using NLA, but I disabled it and it made no difference. 

RDP on the computers seem fine, I can remote to them from a computer and I've verified that the Android phone is reporting that the destination port is Open.

The problem began about the same time the latest version was released (1.2.217), so not sure if it's related to that or simply a coincidence.

Anyone else having this problem or is there something I’ve missed?

5 Posts

Hi lana,

Thanks for your prompt reply. No, I'm not using Auto Discovery - I manually added the Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol connections with server name, ports, usernames/passwords etc.

Of the three computers I use RDP on, one is a Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 desktop and the other two are Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter SP1 servers.

5 Posts

Yes, thank you, I understand that. I'm port-forwarding over a NATed link connecting via a DynDNS hostname (I'm a network engineer, so I have some idea of what I'm talking about).

I think you may have missed this important point: When PocketCloud fails to connect to the computer I can force-stop the application, relaunch PocketCloud and it immediately starts working just fine.

The fact I can connect at all suggests the configuration with both PocketCloud and the computers are correct. Also, it had been running for the last few months perfectly, it's just in the last week or so things have stopped working despite the fact that I've made no configuration changes to the computer or PocketCloud (other than upgrading to the latest version).

500 Posts

Hi,

Are you using Auto Discovery conenction? if yes, then what version of Windows Companion do you use? is it 2.2.0 or something else?
What OS is running on your PC?

5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lana View Post
Thank you for letting us know about this issue. We will investigate this.

Alright, this is driving me insane - I frequently task switch between applications, a process that used to take two seconds and now it's taking me like a good sixty seconds to exit out of the application, open up Android settings, go to the manage applications screen, wait for the list to populate, scroll to the bottom of said list to find PocketCloud, hit the force-stop button, go to the Android home screen, relaunch PocketCloud and wait for it to start up (since it's no longer running in the background) before I can reconnect to my computer.

Can I downgrade? Is there somewhere I can download the APK of the previous release?

500 Posts

AlanI,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. We will investigate this. 

Best Regards

500 Posts

AlanI,

If you using manual connections you have to be on the same network with PC's you want to connect. You can connect to VPN on your Android Device and then you'll be able to connect to remote PC.
It is better to install PocketCloud Windows companion and use Auto Discovery, then you'll be able to connect any PC on any network

925 Posts

July 31st, 2015 02:00

Hi Alani, Can you please uninstall the app and install it again. let us know if you still see the problem.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

August 4th, 2015 02:00

I'm trying mightily to hook this up and connect, but I'm unable to get it connected. I've followed all the directions, I think. I'm using a Vista Home box and a Samsung Android phone using Android 2.2.x or the like. Help! Thanks, in advance.

925 Posts

August 10th, 2015 00:00

If you are using home edition, please use vnc.
Please install companion software on desktop so that you can connect with ease, 
without issues wherever you are.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

5 Posts

August 10th, 2015 00:00

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post
Hi Alani, Can you please uninstall the app and install it again. let us know if you still see the problem.

Gave that a go this afternoon but the problem returned  

No Events found!