Unhandled Exception MS XP prevents opening the companion and spoils MS system

Unhappy Unhandled Exception MS XP prevents opening the companion and spoils MS system

Hi
A this stage attempting to open the free download of Windows (XP) Pocketcloud companion it downloads OK but when opening it spoils MS graphics magnifies by 400% and I get "Ünhandled exception".
Only remedy is to quit and remove the program. Not easy because all MS controls are compromised, hard to access and very slow. Unable to get help from Wyse help centre for this free version but would not purchase Pro until this problem is solved. Catch 22.
Any help very welcome.
Thanks
Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
8 Krypton

RE: Unhandled Exception MS XP prevents opening the companion and spoils MS system

Hello Peter,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having. This sounds very strange and I have not heard of anything like this happening before. Lets see if we can get this figured out. 

What version of Windows XP are you using (Home, Professional, Enterprise)? What language is the XP computer set to? Are you using any kind of Accessibility Options enabled or anything type of program that zooms the screen?

What versions of PocketCloud and PocketCloud Companion are you using?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

RE: Unhandled Exception MS XP prevents opening the companion and spoils MS system

unhandled exception

Thanks for the interest.
The effect on XP graphics is scary.when I uninstall the companion I get the option to continue or quit. There is an option to show details which refers to the pocketcloud software,and instructions to solve the problem as follows
Configuration
System.windows.forms jit debugging equals true
Configuration

I have been unable to access the string to set up these instructions.
My Windows XPis home edition with SP3
Language is English.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Sorry Josh not sure I answered all your questions. I have no special access ability software and no unusual zoom software. Everything is standard. PC cloud download is the very latest version downloaded less than a week ago.
It appears that my XP is unable to process the Pcloud download and it requires me to activate jit debugging which at this stage I have been unable to do.
Thanks for any ideas.
Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Josh I now have another problem which seems to have been caused by the companion download. I can no longer access my WiFi modem. I get Windows can no longer configure the wireless connection. If you have used another program to manage the wireless connection use that software.
Your suggestions welcome.
Thanks 
Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Please download and install .NET 3.0 manually from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ylang=en&id=31

Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Unhandled Exception

Thanks Josh.
It appears I already have a later version 3.5 120338.
Should I remove and reboot ?
Peter

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Josh please disregard the wifi connectivity problem it is solaved and was unrelated. I am left with the unhandled exception.
Regards
Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Josh
following the MS instructions I got this far:
Run:
%WINDR%
Microsoft.NET\
Framework\
\v2.0.50727
config.
I got that far , then the instruction calls for me to insert the following string:

<Configuration>
<System.Windows.forms jitDebugging="true"\>
<\Configuration>

So far that requirement is beyond my capability. If successful I think it would interrupt the download at an earlier stage and provide some debugging info to assist resolution.
I hope you can help.
Thanks
Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Peter,

Could you provide me with a list of folders under C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework?

Can you also provide me with a screen shot of the crash and/or anymore details from it if possible?

From what you are describing, it sounds as though there is .NET corruption. Please re-install .NET 3.5.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos