Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

July 31st, 2015 01:00

Unhandled Exception MS XP prevents opening the companion and spoils MS system

Unhappy Unhandled Exception MS XP prevents opening the companion and spoils MS system

Hi
A this stage attempting to open the free download of Windows (XP) Pocketcloud companion it downloads OK but when opening it spoils MS graphics magnifies by 400% and I get "Ünhandled exception".
Only remedy is to quit and remove the program. Not easy because all MS controls are compromised, hard to access and very slow. Unable to get help from Wyse help centre for this free version but would not purchase Pro until this problem is solved. Catch 22.
Any help very welcome.
Thanks
Peter

Josh
following the MS instructions I got this far:
Run:
%WINDR%
Microsoft.NET\
Framework\
\v2.0.50727
config.
I got that far , then the instruction calls for me to insert the following string:

<\Configuration>

So far that requirement is beyond my capability. If successful I think it would interrupt the download at an earlier stage and provide some debugging info to assist resolution.
I hope you can help.
Thanks
Peter

Unhandled Exception

Thanks Josh.
It appears I already have a later version 3.5 120338.
Should I remove and reboot ?
Peter

Sorry Josh not sure I answered all your questions. I have no special access ability software and no unusual zoom software. Everything is standard. PC cloud download is the very latest version downloaded less than a week ago.
It appears that my XP is unable to process the Pcloud download and it requires me to activate jit debugging which at this stage I have been unable to do.
Thanks for any ideas.
Peter

Cool Unhandled Exception

Josh
under \Framework is v.2.0.5707 which is my version and 3 other versions
under v.2.0.5707 are the following files:
NETFSBS10.hkf
sbs_microsoft.jscript.dll
sbs_mscorsec.dll
sbs_VsaV67rt.dll
sbscmp20_perfcounter.dll
Josh I have taken screen shots. How to attach here? (I have limited experience)
RE re-install .NET 3.5 should I repair or remove and reinstall?
Have you tried this software with windows XP v 3.5?
The screen shots suggest that pockect cloud is not compatible. see longer reply as follows:
After opening the PCloud companion the MS graphics is distorted and over sized
Uninstall
Attempt to close windows
Error message and option to view details, continue or quit
Details include:
PocketcloudAgent.BrowserForm.BrowserForm_FormClosi ngObject.sender.Form (and several more messages involving PCloud )
Then the following:
To enable jitdebugging the config. file for this application must have the jit debugging value set in the system.Windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging allowed.
For example

<\configuration>
I think it is a matter of inserting those programming instructions "somewhere" and this will debug the download.
Regards
Peter

1.3K Posts

Peter,

Could you provide me with a list of folders under C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework?

Can you also provide me with a screen shot of the crash and/or anymore details from it if possible?

From what you are describing, it sounds as though there is .NET corruption. Please re-install .NET 3.5.

1.3K Posts

Please download and install .NET 3.0 manually from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ylang=en&id=31

Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

Josh please disregard the wifi connectivity problem it is solaved and was unrelated. I am left with the unhandled exception.
Regards
Peter

1.3K Posts

Hello Peter,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having. This sounds very strange and I have not heard of anything like this happening before. Lets see if we can get this figured out. 

What version of Windows XP are you using (Home, Professional, Enterprise)? What language is the XP computer set to? Are you using any kind of Accessibility Options enabled or anything type of program that zooms the screen?

What versions of PocketCloud and PocketCloud Companion are you using?

unhandled exception

Thanks for the interest.
The effect on XP graphics is scary.when I uninstall the companion I get the option to continue or quit. There is an option to show details which refers to the pocketcloud software,and instructions to solve the problem as follows
Configuration
System.windows.forms jit debugging equals true
Configuration

I have been unable to access the string to set up these instructions.
My Windows XPis home edition with SP3
Language is English.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Peter

Josh I now have another problem which seems to have been caused by the companion download. I can no longer access my WiFi modem. I get Windows can no longer configure the wireless connection. If you have used another program to manage the wireless connection use that software.
Your suggestions welcome.
Thanks 
Peter

August 21st, 2015 03:00

Josh
Following your instructions I removed .NET v 3.0 and 3.5 then reloaded from the download centre. I now haveV 2.0 SP2 and reloaded v3.0 SP2 ND V 3.5sp1. It has made no difference. I get exactly the same response.
Has this software been run on XP before or am I the first.?
What should we try next?
Thanks
Peter

Thanks Josh. How can I find which version? I have looked at Windows file 5.49Gb and it was created in 2007. I have the original discs.I have opened windows file and Microsoft.NET Framework which is identified as v2.0.5707 and this was referred in the debug instructions. There is also a folder containing v.3.0.What is the safeest way to remove the v3. folder and to reload it?
Thanks for your patience.I have no experience in this work.
Peter

Josh
When attempting to remove .NET I get "The feature you are trying to remove is on a CD ROM and is not available. ?

1.3K Posts

Peter, please uninstall .NET from your computer completely (any version) and then install .NET again (either version 3.0 or 3.5).

You can file a bug by visiting this URL (submit a request):
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/home

Please attach any screen shots you can get here. Please also include my name in the bug you file.

1.3K Posts

Would it be possible to set up a remote session for me to remotely log onto your computer to take a look? When would you be available to do this? I sent you a Private Message with more details.

No Events found!