Highlighted

RE: Unhandled Exception MS XP prevents opening the companion and spoils MS system

Cool Unhandled Exception

Josh
under \Framework is v.2.0.5707 which is my version and 3 other versions
under v.2.0.5707 are the following files:
NETFSBS10.hkf
sbs_microsoft.jscript.dll
sbs_mscorsec.dll
sbs_VsaV67rt.dll
sbscmp20_perfcounter.dll
Josh I have taken screen shots. How to attach here? (I have limited experience)
RE re-install .NET 3.5 should I repair or remove and reinstall?
Have you tried this software with windows XP v 3.5?
The screen shots suggest that pockect cloud is not compatible. see longer reply as follows:
After opening the PCloud companion the MS graphics is distorted and over sized
Uninstall
Attempt to close windows
Error message and option to view details, continue or quit
Details include:
PocketcloudAgent.BrowserForm.BrowserForm_FormClosi ngObject.sender.Form (and several more messages involving PCloud )
Then the following:
To enable jitdebugging the config. file for this application must have the jit debugging value set in the system.Windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging allowed.
For example <configuration>
<windows.formsjitDebugging="true"\>
<\configuration>
I think it is a matter of inserting those programming instructions "somewhere" and this will debug the download.
Regards
Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

RE: Unhandled Exception MS XP prevents opening the companion and spoils MS system

Peter, please uninstall .NET from your computer completely (any version) and then install .NET again (either version 3.0 or 3.5).

You can file a bug by visiting this URL (submit a request):
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/home

Please attach any screen shots you can get here. Please also include my name in the bug you file.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Josh
When attempting to remove .NET I get "The feature you are trying to remove is on a CD ROM and is not available. ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Josh
I followed your link and lodged a request and screen shot with help centre and left your name. They already have a request from me on this subject but I have no reply because I am using the free version. As I posted before I am not prepared to buy the software if the companion cannot be operated. We need to fix the unhandled exception first. 
Thanks
Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

Peter, thanks for sending in your screen shot. What version are you attempting to uninstall? You cannot install the base version of .NET (v2.2), but you can remove .NET 3.0 and/or 3.5. After removing those versions of .NET, install .NET 3.0 or 3.5 again. If you are still having trouble, you can try to repair .NET.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Thanks Josh. How can I find which version? I have looked at Windows file 5.49Gb and it was created in 2007. I have the original discs.I have opened windows file and Microsoft.NET Framework which is identified as v2.0.5707 and this was referred in the debug instructions. There is also a folder containing v.3.0.What is the safeest way to remove the v3. folder and to reload it?
Thanks for your patience.I have no experience in this work.
Peter

0 Kudos

Josh
Following your instructions I removed .NET v 3.0 and 3.5 then reloaded from the download centre. I now haveV 2.0 SP2 and reloaded v3.0 SP2 ND V 3.5sp1. It has made no difference. I get exactly the same response.
Has this software been run on XP before or am I the first.?
What should we try next?
Thanks
Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

Would it be possible to set up a remote session for me to remotely log onto your computer to take a look? When would you be available to do this? I sent you a Private Message with more details.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Josh, Yes a remote session is OK but please tell me if this software has been tried in XP before.
I am free this all day if you would like to make a time. I will check your other post.
Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Josh
I have not received your message direct. Please try: peterjfharris@netspace.net.au
Thanks
Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos